Friday, December 2, 2022

Enjoying Your Cabin in the Winter

 


The weather has been a little warmer this week, and we have been feeling cozy and warm by the fire.  I love this time of year.  The daylight ends so quickly.  It's amazing.  Our cabin was designed perfectly for this weather.  I close off the main area and it stays comfortable and holds the heat well.  


The dogs konk out in front of the fire, snoozing on the couch.  I found that sweet little oak rocking chair at Alice's Vintage Cottage.  She has the prettiest things.  It's a cozy spot to sit and watch the sunrise each morning.  That vintage marble slab happened to fit perfectly on the coffee table.  What luck.


Last week I had the beach to myself when I went kayaking,  It was a gorgeous day; I saw a few sea lions relaxing on the dock.  There were two pelicans with their sweet babies in the water.  It was thrilling to watch them soar, dive, and fish. 

 I thought there would still be tourists in LA from Thanksgiving, but it was very quiet.  

I do love where I live.  How are things at your place right now?  

14 comments:

  1. Your cabin looks so cozy, Stephenie. I guess the beach was too cold for most people. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless. It is. That's true. It wasn't really beach weather. There were some boaters out on the water, though.

      Delete
  2. I'm in England. We haven't had things too bad, weather-wise, so far. When it has been cold and dreary we have lit our log burner, which is just so comforting and homely. I live about 25 minutes from the coast and I love visiting it all year round. No sea lions here though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live about the same distance, Tracy. It's such a fun day trip. Thanks for reading and for commenting.

      Delete
  3. All is well down my way. It has gotten chilly though. The promised rain has not appeared which is sad because we really need some rain. I love the fireplace in your cabin. I watched a home remodel show the other day in which the designer condemned a beautiful red brick fireplace as completely unacceptable and covered it in bland tiles. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you'll get some rain over the weekend, Anita. We did. It caused some traffic accidents on the 5 and 14 freeways. What a shame that they covered over that beautiful red brick fireplace. I love that look. I felt so lucky to find this one.

      Delete
  4. I live in a really lovely, not modern, one bedroom apartment, in suburbia, but close to beaches, bush, bush ranges (no snow capped mountains though). So I feel very fortunate. We have had a rainy, stormy, cold spring and summer is late in coming. Although the outdoor music, and also yoga, festivals have started. We expect summer in New Zealand to be another scorcher.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your apartment sounds ideal, ratnamurti. How wonderful to be close to the beaches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks so cosy, Stephenie. And the dogs certainly seem to think so. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Jules. Thank you. The dogs absolutely love it here. They've taken over the couch, and position the alpaca blankets and pillow strategically.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Hi Rajani, Welcome. Thank you for your comment. I am so glad you are enjoying my blog.

      Delete
  8. I love hearing all about your cabin. It looks so cosy and welcoming.. what a lovely place to snuggle up in. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It is. I still am in awe of it. The builder was such a master.

      Delete