Sunday, July 16, 2023

Fishing and Kayaking

 

This summer has been fantastic for fishing and kayaking.  Because of all the snow we received, our lakes and reservoirs are full.  I met a friendly and grounded lady who was also out on her kayak the other day.  We sat in our boats and chatted about how simple and relaxing it is.  She confided that she sold her jet skis and boat, and prefers the simplicity of the kayak.  I agree.


On the bank, I ran into one my neighbors.  She was fishing with her children.  This is one of the trout that she caught.  She is a master fisherwoman.  That afternoon she brought three freshly frozen fish to my cabin.  I cooked them in a fry pan with butter, garlic, and spices and they were absolutely delicious.  We both love to garden.  Her lush flowers and front yard look amazing.


The weather for swimming and sunbathing has been perfect.  We really experience four seasons up here.  The chill of the lake water feels so refreshing on the skin.  It cools down the entire body.  I ran into another neighbor as I was walking home.  She is a blues singer and invited me to her performance that evening.  She and the band members rocked the house!  I was so impressed with their talent and enthusiasm.  

How are you enjoying these hot summer days?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  



12 comments:

  1. I agree with you and the lady about the simplicity of kayaking, although I don't get out on the water as much as I would like.
    As for enjoying the hot summer days? They seem to have disappeared for now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's too bad, Jules. We are experiencing a heatwave here. The nice thing about kayaking is you can do it in colder weather, too. I just wear layers. Hope you can get out on the water and paddle soon...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you are enjoying your summer and that's a good sized fish your neighbor caught! How nice of her to share some of her catch with you!
    I am loving the warm weather we've been having! Trying to soak it all up! It's so good to feel almost too warm after being so cold, earlier! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big change, isn't it, Bless? Yes, this summer has been fantastic. I have been invited to several performances, and they have been so inspiring.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely time you are having. Living your best life. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. Kayaking is so relaxing. It was an excellent investment.

      Delete
  4. I so enjoy reading about your experiences. We had lots of trout every summer when we visited my grandparents in Bishop. Going to the fish hatchery was one of my grandmother's favorite things to do with us children. And then fishing in Bishop Creek (pronounced Crick by the locals). Summer is going by quickly this year. It has been warm down here, but there is still a strong sea breeze daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, how fun, Anita. I have driven through Bishop, and wanted to stop. I was on the way to visit friends in Reno. Yes, it has been hot. Thank goodness for the cool evenings, and gentle breezes.

      Delete
  5. Isn't retirement fun when we have good health. Those fish sound divine and I bet they were delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is, Cherie. So glad that we both had our hips done and have healed. The fish were so tasty...

      Delete
  6. It's a cold and rainy winter here in Aotearoa, New Zealand. And summer just didn't happen with severe flooding and landslides, the length and breadth of our isles. Am ever hopeful for this coming summer, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that must have been frightening, Ratnamurti. I hope that your summer is peaceful and serene. My friend in Australia said the same thing about the flooding they were experiencing.

      Delete