Thursday, September 7, 2023

Harvesting MacIntosh Apples

 This morning I picked the apples off one of my trees;  they were starting to fall on the ground.  Tree ripened fruit is the best!  It is exciting to be growing apples in Cailfornia.  They do so well up here in the mountains.  The climate is perfect for them.  I believe these are MacIntosh.  They came with the property, so I'm not sure of the variety.  The flavor is fantastic.  It's such a treat to have fresh fruit from the garden.  

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take few days to appear; they are moderated. 

8 comments:

  1. They are beautiful - just like a still life painting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They polish up beautifully, Joy. My dad used to shine them for us as kids.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, lucky you! Apples from your own trees! How lovely! Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home grown produce always tastes delicious. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are superb, Anita. Apples grow like crazy up here. I plan to plant several varieties. All that snow and rain really made them healthy and juicy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They do look rather nice, I'm sure you are enjoying them.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're tasty eating apples, Lowcarb. My other tree has apples that are better for cooking.

    ReplyDelete