Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Staying Outside of Palma in Mallorca

 

On my trip to Mallora last spring, I decided to spend one night in the mountains.  Prices at pensions outside of the tourist areas are much more affordable.   It can be very difficult to get a taxi from the airport in Palma, but I got straight to the front of the line and jumped in one.  I had a friendly female driver and gave her the address to my home for the night outside of the city. 

It was a pastoral setting, so I spent my time relaxing, taking walks in the area, stopping for a pizza at the nearby restaurant, (there was only one,) and reading.  The soil and animals looked healthy and natural.  


The inn where I stayed had a sparkling pool with a lovely garden.  The sound of the water was so relaxing.  Breakfast, which was included, was a delightful spread with lots of variety.  This bed and breakfast is run by a couple who relocated there.  Their young daughter was with them in the morning; she was such a cutie.  The stonework was impressive, inside and outside the home.


Stumbling upon these sheep excited the knitter in me.  It was such a quiet and peaceful area, in contrast to Palma, Mallorca, where I spent the next three nights.  That was a thrilling finish to my European vacation.  I think when I return, I will stay for a week in Palma.  The hotels, restaurants, and sights were first class.   It just appealed to me on so many levels.  May was the ideal time of year to visit.  It wasn't too crowded, and the temperatures were warm and pleasant.  Summers can be extremely hot there, according to my taxi driver.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I'm sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

8 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading about the places you've visited, Stephenie. It does look like a lovely, peaceful setting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless. Traveling is so inspiring. It's fun to look back at the photos and remember the experiences in far away lands...

      Delete
  2. What a lovely place. That pool looks so tempting. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was, Joy. They took such good care of it. It was simple but charming.

      Delete
  3. Palma looks lovely. All those stone walls and fences! I like to think about the history of the construction of old stone structures when I see them-the men who quarried the stones, placed the stones and maintain them. Lots of love must go into it along with hard, hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we were about an hour outside of Palma, Anita. I loved all the stone walls, too. The kitchen inside the house was completely made from stone. It was so cool in there. It felt like a cave.

      Delete
    2. I think we were about an hour outside of Palma, Anita. I loved all the stone walls, too. The kitchen inside the house was completely made from stone. It was so cool in there. It felt like a cave.

      Delete
  4. I also have fond memories of Majorca, where I visited when I was 18. I am sure much has changed (I am 53 now) but I would love to visit again one day. The B&B where you stayed sounds like a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete