Monday, April 1, 2024

A Snowy Easter in California

 


We woke up Easter morning to a blanket of fresh snow.  “A White Easter,” I thought to myself.  Not exactly what you would expect in California.  It was elegant and beautiful, though.



The snow plow came through and I spent the holiday shoveling my deck, parking spaces, and driveway.  It was tiring, but an excellent workout.  After clearing the powder off the cars and their windows, I took a sauna and cold plunge to relieve my aching muscles.  

I love the rainbow shades of pink, peach, and yellow daffodils and tulips that I bought from Moonstruck Farms.  They are arranged in a crystal vase on my kitchen table.  What a contrast against the clean, white, cold snow.  


How was your Easter?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published,  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

15 comments:

  1. What a surprise! It does look beautiful though.
    Happy Easter. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I agree, Jules. We had more snow last night. Happy Easter to you and Lily, as well.

      Delete
  2. It's a winter wonderland! More suited for a Christmas card than for an Easter card! I had a glimpse of some snowy mountains in the distance when I drove, today, and couldn't believe it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...it looks beautiful from LA. Snowcapped mountains...

      Delete
  3. Wow not the pictures I was expecting to see in California! Here in Atlantic Canada we've had lots of rain in the past few weeks, but Easter Sunday the sun came out. It was cool but a nice day. Other than clearing snow, which I don't like doing, I hope you had a good Easter. Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen. I hope you had a lovely Easter, too. Thanks for reading the blog and for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Your pictures are beautiful. It certainly was a lulu of a storm. We had some hail here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! It has been much milder up here than last year, thank goodness.

      Delete
  5. Oh yes-and a small earthquake on Easter as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been a real shock - or was it forecast. As you say, not what one expects for Easter but the photos are absolutely stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Joy. Yes, it was in the forecast. You always have to check the weather up here. It can change drastically in a matter of minutes.

      Delete
  7. That title does seem like an oxymoron doesn't it 😂 It sure is beautiful though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's so clean and white LL. I hope all is well with you.

      Delete
  8. Snow always looks so beautiful. I also like the hushed silence that comes with snow, even in busy places. I assume it has cleared now? I envy you for the sauna!

    ReplyDelete