Thursday, July 4, 2024

Travel Teaches You About Your Habits

 


I arrived with my suitcases in Umbria at about 10:30 p.m.  Although the kitchen at our resort was closed, one of the waiters was still there, and he prepared a beautiful tray of sliced bread, salami, and cheese for me. He brought it upstairs to my room.  I wolfed it down appreciatively.  He was so sensitive and kind, and he looked me right in the eye.  Waiters in Europe are such dedicated professionals.  They really take pride in their work.  My father commented on it when he and my mother visited me in Vienna.


My bed was incredibly comfortable, and I slept thoroughly and soundly.  I kept the windows open, and the crisp mountain air felt fresh and soothing. 


I swam in the pool nearly every day.  The atmosphere was serene and nurturing.  As with everything there, it was kept in immaculate condition.  The garden amplified its beauty.


The tables below are where our delightful meals were served.  I never tired of the spectacular scenery.  What a lovely place!

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

12 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing the video. It looks like such a lovely place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To dine among such beautiful scenery must have been a wonderful experience. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Jules. The atmosphere was so peaceful. I loved the greenery.

      Delete
  3. An absolutely wonderful place. Those photos are stunning. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading your post wanted me to go to Italy one day.
    While in south of France, once I crossed the boarder and went to an Italian town for lunch, but it was not long enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, Nil. I think you would love it there. It is magical. I love the south of France, too.

      Delete
  5. I've loved reading your travelogues, Stephenie. Your accomodation looks perfect, cosy and authentic, far more attractive than some bland greige hotel room! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vix, Thank you for reading the Italy posts. Oh, yes, this place was superb on every level.

      Delete
  6. It is just beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita. Maybe you and Steve will go there someday. It reminds me of The Simpson House Inn in Santa Barbara.

      Delete