Tuesday, July 2, 2024

More Photos of Italia:Where We Stayed


 This is the front door to our home for the week.  The grounds were impeccable.  All of the staff cares deeply for this former hunting lodge.  They are very dedicated and conscientious people.


This is the library, where I would often sit in that flowered chair and recharge my mini iPad.  It was so relaxing.  There is nothing like staying in a real Italian home.


Just to the left of those geraniums is where we savored our marvelous meals.  Each one was enjoyed al fresco, except for the final evening, when it rained.  The flowers were carefully watered with a watering can by the groundskeeper each morning.


While the others were sleeping  I would take a walk through the village.  It was so green and unspoiled.  It felt like we were living life in another time.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please reply in English.  I’m sorry, but those with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.


16 comments:

  1. It is relaxing just looking at those photos. What a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful place. Is it located on top of a hill? It looks like so in the third photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is up in the mountains, Nil. The views were exquisite.

      Delete
  3. What a lovely place in which to vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Tracy. I feel the same way. It was absolutely heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I'm making note of this and sending the name of this place to my kids (who like to travel). Was it easy to fly into the area? andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, We flew into Rome. A driver met us at the airport and took us to Umbria, which took about an hour and a half. It takes time to get there, but it's worth it.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for that info. An hour and half isn't bad at all, especially for such a beautiful area. A couple of my kids love Italy and I hope they might go to this area the next time they travel. andrea

      Delete
  6. Oh how beautiful! I am drooling over your pictures

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are enjoying them, LL. It's fun to look back on them.

      Delete
  7. Oops wasn't finished - do you speak Italian?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only a few phrases...but I do speak Spanish. That was very helpful, since the languages are both romance languages. I want to learn Italian and do better next time.

      Delete
  8. It looks like a slice of heaven. I love the use of red in the library. It looks like my comment will be Anonymous, but it is me, Anita!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Yes, the colors in the library are spectacular.

      Delete
  9. It looks like somewhere that you could feel truly relaxed. Xx

    ReplyDelete