Monday, December 18, 2017

A Colorful Winter Beanie



I finished the hat that I made for my friend in New York. He told me to take my time with it, and to just mail it after the holidays. I love his laid back, easy going  attitude. Now I don't have to worry about standing in a long line at the post office, rushing, or stressing.

I'm really pleased with how this came out; it's so cute! I just love the colors. I was working on it today at the bus stop, and on the bus. I had just finished my grocery shopping at Sprouts. Hats are ideal knitting projects for when you are traveling or commuting, because they are so easy. On the way home, I sat with some of the women today who are regulars. They were so enthusiastic when they saw what I was making. They loved the yarn, the color combinations, and the design. They are so sweet.


I found this pattern on Ravelry. It's called Regular Guy Beanie by Chuck Wright, and it's free! For more information see yarnmanknits. He has some really special patterns. I am so pleased with how this hat turned out; the simplicity of the pattern combined with luxury yarn is a winning combination. It has nice lines, too. You decrease every row at the end, to make the top more rounded.

I fell in love with this hat, so I knit one for myself, too. I couldn't resist. It goes well with so many things. I wore it to Open Mic night last weekend. I sang a few songs, and ended with a Christmas tap dance to Glenn Miller. It was a very fun and creative evening. How was your weekend? 


Thank you for your comments. I enjoy reading them, and appreciate you taking the time to respond to my blog. Happy Holidays! If you like this post, please share it.

14 comments:

  1. I am not a knitter, I love the colours in the hat and the style, beanie hats are my favourite style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Simple Living. Men seem to like beanies, too. I made one for my dad out of sock yarn, and it looks great on him.

      Delete
  2. awesome looking beanie! love the round crown too! am always on the look out for beanies that have different or unique finishes, think it makes them interesting.
    thank you for the links, i also downloaded his man socks :))
    am going to bookmark his blog too
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina. I've been admiring those socks, too. I think he's a terrific designer. Let me know how you like the socks.

      Delete
  3. I, too, love the look of the beanie. I had to knit DH a beanie earlier in the year for him to wear while he accompanied me on a business trip to Quebec City in February. I needed a pattern that could be knit flat though because I have never attempted to knit in the round. My goal is to learn how to knit in the round next year as part of my sock knitting self challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, Knitting in the round is fun. It's much easier than it looks. I started this one on circular needles, and then switched to dpn's for the decreases. He's got another hat pattern that I really love. Thanks for commenting. Good luck with your socks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a lovely fun hat, the colours in it are amazing. I'm knitting a snood at the moment to keep my neck warm and cover my mouth when it very cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tania. Your snood sounds cozy. The snoods I've seen were used to cover our ballet buns for ballet class. They were crocheted.

      Delete
  6. I love the colours in the beanie. I must try making a beanie one day but it very rarely gets cold enough to wear one where we live. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Meg. Maybe you could make one out of cotton. I am wearing mine indoors now. The temperature has dropped.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I love a bit of Glen Miller. Love the hat, beautiful colours for this time of year xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Cheryl. The colors are pretty, aren't they? Glen Miller is marvelous for tap dancing. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Laura, That yarn has been discontinued. I found it at Webs. I'm sorry, but I don't publish comments with links. Thank you for reading the blog and commenting. I took Rhonda's blogging course. She's so talented.

    ReplyDelete