Saturday, December 30, 2017

Ah, Back to Knitting!



I started working on this windowpane baby blanket this morning. I worked out the stitch count so that it will be  stroller size. It's so much fun; I just love the pattern. It's easy and relaxing. Knitting this texture and design makes  me feel so happy. If she likes it, I think I will give it to my neighbor. She has a beautiful little girl.



I finished this tea cozy last week. I used up some worsted weight scrap yarn that was in my stash. I don't really care for the grey on top, but I ran out of pink and purple yarn. The wool is Noro Silk Garden, from Creative Ewe in Canyon Country, California. Tea cozies are quick and pleasing projects to knit. They are also excellent stash busters. I love the way this second hand vintage teapot looks with it on top. It reminds me of a miniature sweater.



I went to the library yesterday and downloaded this free pattern from Ravelry. I still have lots of sock yarn left from the gift card I received from my brother last Christmas. I think this pattern will be fun and challenging. I've never done a  toe up sock pattern. This one also uses the fish lips kiss heel. I've heard good things about it. It will be stimulating to try some new techniques. I hope they fit!

It feels so rewarding to be completing knitting projects and starting some new ones. I am happy to be making a dent in that large bag of baby yarn that was given to me by the local knitters. I plan to make lots of gifts and items for my Etsy shop, Pink Cottage Soaps. I plan to donate a few things to charity, too. What are you knitting or crocheting these days?

Thank you for your comments. They make blogging life very rewarding. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

8 comments:

  1. interesting pattern on those socks, have been eyeing off the toe up socks myself but i am still trying to get the cuff downs right. soon.
    love the simple teapot cozy you make, what pattern did you use? i am going to make a few more of those wrap around cosies but will have to wait for a break in these darn sweats before i can get any knitting done.
    cute stroller blanket too, pretty pattern that one.
    do you get snow where you are? does the weather get very cold? it help with the knitting for sure.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, I usually knit them from the cuff down, too. I love those wrap around cosines that you made. This one is just based on the bones of some free patterns that I found on Ravelry. I adjusted the row count to fit my short teapot. Our winters are very mild here. Sometimes I drive out to the mountains to enjoy the snow...

      Delete
  2. I love seeing what you are working on. You get so much accomplished. Hmmm, maybe I live vicariously through your finishes - heehee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Locust. It's fun to share. I love simple patterns made with beautiful yarn... It gives me a burst of energy to finish a creative project.

      Delete
  3. I love the colors of the baby blanket. Looks so soft and pretty. I'm sure your neighbor will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I love them, too. It's super soft. It will be fun to give it to her.

      Delete
  4. The baby blanket you've started looks like it will be soft and warm. I'm sure your neighbour will love it. I am doing some little embroideries on repurposed bags at the moment but I would like to knit something up in star stitch when I get back to knitting. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those bags that you make, Meg. They are so pretty. The baby blanket is coming along nicely. It is very soft and warm. Thanks.

      Delete