Friday, March 9, 2018

Stimulation


We all have a need for stimulation, whether it's mental, physical, or artistic. This afternoon I finished knitting the cabled hat that I've been working on for the past month. It has been a very challenging and exciting project. When I first saw the pattern, I had doubts that I could execute it. I kept at it, and it turned out very well. At the end of each row I was always nervous to see if the stitch count had turned out correctly. When I saw that it had, I felt elated. Cables are not as hard as I thought.

Sticking with something that challenges you, and finishing it, is an exciting feeling. No matter who we are, we feel better when we are stretching and growing. Creativity is its own reward. Life is exciting when we are looking forward to the projects we are working on, and relishing the feeling of using our inner talents.


Our bodies like to be stimulated, as well. Whether it's through exercise, dance, yoga, or physical attraction, there is an electricity there that is healthy and thrilling. I have been pushing myself more this week, physically. I'm doing the Bikram Yoga series, and that has always challenged me. I've changed out my regular workout, which causes me to use different muscles. I can feel the definition and strength returning.
 
Your clothes hang so nicely when you're in good shape. Everything changes: the way you walk, how you feel about yourself, and how others perceive you. We are meant to keep growing, learning, and evolving. Our bodies and brains love to be worked.

Thank you for your comments. I am always excited to read them. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments is English only, please. Thank you.

 

8 comments:

  1. What what a fun picture! Also, so true. Tired can be a good feeling - physical, mental, creative. Glad you are able and enjoying your new yoga. Bet it feel good to get back to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lady Locust. That was taken during a t.v. shoot in Rome, with the cast of 42nd Street. The Spanish Steps were so beautiful...

      Delete
  2. I totally agree about clothes hanging so much nicer on a trim body. How many of us have tried on a much loved garment only to find that we have put on a bit of weight and can no longer wear it. A great reason to keep in shape.... Although I am told that round is also a shape :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, Yes, I keep my clothes for as long as possible. The yoga does make a huge difference, and it helps your posture, too.

      Delete
  3. On a completely different topic , last night I watched The Great Gatsby and thought that Daisy (Mia Farrow) in the movie looked like you. The last photo on the post reminded it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment, Nil. I got to meet Mia Farrow once, in New York. I taught her daughter pre ballet for a short time. She is lovely.

      Delete
  4. I believe I enjoy cabling patterns more than intarsia at this point. No bobbins to untangle with cabling! I love the photo of your cast at the Spanish Steps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cables, too. They are gorgeous and special. I still need to learn intarsia. Right now I'm knitting a pair of lace leg warmers. Thanks Anita, I love this photo, too. What a gorgeous city!

      Delete