Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Becoming The Person You Wanted To Be As A Child



As a little girl, I always knew that I wanted to be a professional dancer. It was a crystal clear desire inside of my imagination. I had always loved watching the Rockettes and Broadway dancers on television, and I was sure that I wanted to pursue those positions as a professional dancer. I was eager to start my training, and took it very seriously, even at age three.

I also dreamed of writing books and newspaper articles. I loved reading magazines, especially Dance Magazine, which they had stacks of at our local dance studio. I would gaze at the photographs of their impeccably trained bodies, and admire their gorgeous lines and physiques.

I just submitted my first article for publication in Dance Magazine. It is a behind the scenes story about Tommy Tune Tonight. I am in the process of getting the photos from Tommy's agency, and look forward to seeing it published online.

It's very exciting to do the exact work that you feel that you came here to do. Writing has always been something that I have loved. It was my favorite subject in school, and it always came very naturally to me. I also love connecting with other writers. Blogging has been a wonderful way to do that online.

Today I am doing some organizing and housekeeping. I am working on a new article for Dance Magazine about staying safe as a dancer in the large shows. Yesterday I interviewed a friend of mine who has danced in several Broadway shows. We toured together with My One and Only. He has a profound story, and I am excited to be working on it. I will keep you posted.     

Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate them. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Please comment in English. Links will not be published.  

10 comments:

  1. How lovely that you have managed to do the things you had hoped to do.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Simple Living. It's exciting and rewarding.

      Delete
  2. I'd love to read your article Stephenie. Will be available for everyone on the website? Or only for paid subscribers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil. Yes it will. I will let you know when it's published. Thanks for the encouragement.


      Delete
  3. Good for you!

    Hard work, dedication, many sacrifices and a vision.... so glad that you are enjoying being where you are now. You have worked very diligently to get there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill. Still rewriting, but getting there. The soul knows it's way...

      Delete
  4. It's lovely when your work can align with what is in your heart and what you feel most passionate about. Wonderful that you have made those dreams that you have had come true through determination and practice and belief. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Meg. You are right; it does take a lot of determination. Those small actions every day are so helpful in reaching our goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I admire you so much. To know what you want from life and to have the gumption to make it happen-and it obviously was not easy-is inspirational. I look forward to being able to read your articles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. It has taken a lot of persistence. The first article will be live on line next week!

      Delete