Thursday, April 25, 2019

A New Fence



I am having a new fence put in along the side of my house.  Today I cleared out the old plants, and my neighbor dug the holes for the posts. He cemented some of them into the ground this afternoon. It's going to be beautiful. I'm so excited!

Fencing is very expensive, but it's so worth it. It provides privacy, structure, and  boundaries. I can't wait until it's complete.  Soon I will have a secluded space to enjoy when I sit  out on the porch for meals and coffee. The whole area already feels bigger.  It frames the garden.  

I watched an incredible Youtube documentary on Bob Fosse this evening. Many of my friends danced for him. He was such a genius. The older I get, the more I appreciate his work. Lula laid on the bed with me, and thumped her tail really hard during the dance numbers. She intuitively picked up on the joy he had for dancing. Dogs have such a pure and natural response to energy.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

16 comments:

  1. A new fence sounds like a good thing, Stephenie. I'm glad your neighbor is helping you with it. Isn't there a saying about good fences making good neighbors? :) Looking forward to seeing the finished fence, once it is in place.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I paid this neighbor to put in the last one. He lives around the corner, and does excellent work. It's coming along well, thanks.

      Delete
  2. Oh, a new fence! What will it be made of?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fir and redwood, Earthmotherwithin. The wood is really pretty. I love how it feels already; it should be finished tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Cute Lula! We had a fenced in backyard with our home that we raised our children in. Very convenient! And yes, private. At the home we are in now, most people don't have fences and you have to get permission to have one. Our neighbors are not home much so we don't need one for privacy. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, It's really nice, Andrea. I love it. Most people here have them.

      Delete
  4. How helpful that your neighbor is helping with the fence. It looks like a chain link fence? Perfect backdrop for many different kinds of plants especially vines. We had stucco walls put up as our fencing many years ago. It was very expensive, but so worth the cost. Luckily each neighbor contributed half of their share with no problems.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anita, That's the gate. Another neighbor gave it to me. I am thinking of putting chainlink in front of the house, and growing Creeping Fig or another vine. Your stucco walls
    sound marvelous. My parents had one around our front courtyard. I love the look of this new wooden fence.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh always loved the look of wooden fencing, somehow it just looks more natural. picket fences seem to be common here in suburbia front yards & paling fences around the back. i still haven't got anymore fences up here yet, need to get the money together first & that is a very slow process.
    looking forward to seeing your new fence (from both angles, porch view sounds cozy)
    great post
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of it, too, selina. It's coming along. I will post photos tonight. It should be finished tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news about the fence. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mereknits. I am thrilled with it. It's so exciting to fix up your home.

      Delete
  9. Your house is so beautiful. You’re right, the documentaries on YouTube are so educational. I don’t know why I never read your blog before, but thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Akasha. I put a lot of time into my home. It's kind of like a hobby. I love decorating and fixing up old houses. Thank you for commenting. I'm so glad that you are enjoying the blog!

      Delete
  10. New fence! Wonderful! Good fences make good neighbors. :-)

    Must look for that Bob Fosse piece. Sounds wonderful.

    ✨ 🍥 ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi wisps, Thanks. Yes they do. I love Fosse's choreography.

      Delete