Friday, April 5, 2019

Out For Mexican Food



Today I drove out to Ojai again with Lula. We found a Mexican restaurant with  a lovely outside patio.  The tiles were hand painted. As I was reading the menu,  I noticed a couple leaving with their shaggy grey dog. I asked them if dogs were allowed, and they answered in the affirmative. Once I found out that Lula could join me, I decided to sit down and order a small meal.

I had a chicken taco a la carte, with a side order of guacamole. They brought chips and salsa. I packed up the leftovers to take home. Several customers stopped by our table to pet Lula. She seemed surprised that they didn't give her treats, like they did at the bank. She was still very happy and affectionate with everyone, though. She wrapped leash around the leg of the table, so I had to climb underneath it and untangle her.


The views were spectacular. We took a scenic walk down the bike path. It's really gorgeous. There were some families with kids on small bikes, and little ones in Burley Travoy bike trailers. It looked like so much fun. I love visiting that area. I stopped off at the knitting shop and chatted with the women who were working. They are so sweet.  I got the days mixed up for the knitting group. Next time...



It was a gorgeous ride home. The hills are all so green from the rain. They were parched and dry for so many years. Seeing this transformation makes my heart sing. There were clusters  of purple lupines in bloom on the hillside, too.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  
 

6 comments:

  1. That scenery looks so pretty! It's lovely to see everything so nice and green, isn't it? Lula looks like she's ready for a car ride! That was so nice that they allowed her in the restaurant! Too bad about the knitting group date mix up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Yes, the landscape up there is breathtaking. I love seeing the green hills. I am still eating leftovers from the restaurant.

      Delete
  2. Such beauty, you are blessed living in such a beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure am, mm. I never get tired of the views. It always feels comforting to arrive home, especially after traveling.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a perfect day. I could never take my boys, they are still to out of control to sit still while I eat out. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your dogs are so photogenic. They always make me laugh. Lula was well behaved, for a beginner. We will keep practicing. She loves to go.

      Delete