Sunday, April 28, 2019

The Redwood Fence is Stained and Finished

cemented posts

My neighbor put the finishing touches on the new fence today. I am so happy with it. It's just gorgeous. Fixing up the home and garden really motivates me. It's amazing how something you've wanted for years can make all of the difference. I had always shied away from buying a fence, because the cost seemed so prohibitive. Now that I've been paying cash for smaller sections each year, it is feeling feasible.


I am very motivated to keep the house clean, and to enjoy how all of the work is coming together. It's exciting when you visualize something in your mind, and it starts to materialize. Now I am inspired to do more decluttering. The front yard feels bigger.  I think getting rid of the weeds and old vines made a huge difference, energetically. Plus, we have a boundary.


tomorrow I will stain the sliders



The patio furniture is back in place. It's a blessing to have such a lovely, private space to enjoy. I can gaze at the alpacas on the hillside while eating  home cooked meals and drinking French roast coffee.

 I took Lula out in the backyard and brushed her this afternoon. She looks so soft and fluffy.   All of the effort that we put into our homes, gardens, and pets really shows. It causes a shift. When we exercise, clean, organize or provide care, that nurturing energy is reflected outward. Now it's time to do yoga and meditate before bed. How are you doing?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

12 comments:

  1. Your shop is very beautiful as well! Do you raise the alpacas? I saw alpaca knit items in your Etsy shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Akasha. No, my neighbors up on the hillside do. I love watching them from my porch. They are so inquisitive.

      Delete
  2. Your fence looks very elegant! It has a very Zen-like look to it. You are right - our homes and pets do reflect the care we give them. I like your patio seating area. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Thanks you. It does feel very calm and peaceful. I love having the elements of earth, air, and water. If we weren't in a high fire risk area I would add an outdoor fireplace.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful fence! To me, the yard is just as important as the house! I love sitting outside also! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel that way, too, Andrea. This is like an outdoor room with a view. The horses and alpacas calm me. I love gazing at the old pine trees, too.

      Delete
  4. Wonderful addition!

    Interesting, since I just did a post, on finding a weekly cleaning schedule. I need one. I want one. Was asking Dear Readers, if they have one, which works for them. :-)

    I need neatness, where I live. So that's takes care of clutter. But really need a 5 day house cleaning plan. Would you have one to share, please? If so, I would be so happy.

    ✨ 🍥 ✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi wisps of words, I hope you find one. I just do things that need to be done each day. I don't have a set schedule, but I do wash my clothes on Mondays, and my sheets and towels on Tuesdays. My mom used to clean the house each day, and that's what I do, too. I clean what is dirty, or what is bothering me.

      Delete
  5. Your yard looks so nice. The patio seems to be the perfect place to knit, have a cup of coffee and enjoy nature. I would love to see those alpacas-they have the cutest faces! I agree-taking care of your surroundings and keeping out the clutter is key to inner peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, It sure is. Thank you. The alpacas are so sweet. There are also horses and goats across the street. They add so much charm and love to the area.

      Delete