Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The Plants Are Springing To Life

my front potager garden with herbs, flowers, fruit, and vegetables




The garden is transforming.  You can see and feel the energy pulsating through the plants. The artichokes are getting huge! This one came back from last year. I love their size and power. The live Christmas trees that I planted are now a lovely shade of yellowish green, and they are developing berries. The birds will love them. The sparrows have been sharing the water in the birdbath, splashing around happily.  You can hear all sorts of bird songs, all day and night. My favorite is the call of the owl while I sleep.  


there's a little hummingbird at the feeder

I hung up the Easter wreath the other day. I have always wanted one that was covered with pastel colored eggs. I finally found this at T.J. Maxx.  I love the colors.

I spent several hours weeding the garden yesterday. It was exhausting, but also felt satisfying. It's so important to take care of the yard and soil. Soon I will plant more asparagus, strawberries, rhubarb, and zinnias. I have everything sitting by the door, ready to place  into the fertile ground. I will tuck a handful of homemade compost into each planting hole The rain we've had all winter has been wonderful. It makes such a difference. How is you garden?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

 

16 comments:

  1. We have only just made a start on our garden, planting and earthing potatoes and sowing seeds for herb plants.. You certainly have a lovely cottage garden a reward for all your hard work. Love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mm. It does come back nicely in the spring. So many of these plants are perennials, which makes it easier. I love having a front garden; it fills me with joy.

      Delete
  2. Your garden is looking so green and nice! Those artichoke plants are so striking! I love that birdhouse wall hanging near your front door and your Easter wreath. My garden is coming along nicely. We've had some days with the temps. in the upper 80s and my osteospermum are already starting to wilt! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, Wow! It's been really warm where you live. I'm glad to hear that your garden is doing so well.

      Delete
  3. We are in autumn planting mode: summer is too hot for many things, but winter will be our premium growing season. I have been prepping the veggie beds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love cold weather gardening, emw. You don't have to worry about the heat, and watering.

      Delete
  4. I love your pink cottage and the photo of your front door. Very charming! Where I am nothing is green or budding just yet, so I will live vicariously through you until then. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney, a Thank you. I hope your weather warms up soon.

      Delete
  5. Our gardens are also doing really well. I hope there is not a really hot spring like last year because the hot temperatures last April did a number on our bell peppers. I am envious of all the room you have to garden! Our space is really limited, so we select our vegetables very carefully. Your front porch looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Anita. I do have a lot of space in the back, but don't use much of it to save water. I hope your bell peppers do well this year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Working in the garden always makes me feel good too, Stephenie. I have hardly done a thing in the garden all Summer because it was so hot and dry and I was so busy with work but the past few days have brought that Autumnal change, cooler temps and beautiful days, and I plan to go out and give everything some tlc. I hope to plant little jolly jump ups all along my front fence. Happy gardening! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, It's always a relief when the temperature drops after a hot Summer. Your jolly jumps sound sweet.

      Delete
  8. I always enjoy seeing photos of your home and garden. :)

    How lovely to have hummingbirds. The other day I saw a hummingbird at the feeder for the first time. I hope he will come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, Yes, it is. There are woodpeckers, too. I love them. I'm sure your hummingbird will return. They love to have regular nectar.

      Delete
  9. I love your wreath. I have a similar one as well with little Easter eggs on it. I'll post a shot in the next few days. X Chy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Chy, Thanks, I love it, too. Pastel colored Easter eggs are so festive.

    ReplyDelete