Monday, April 1, 2019

First Sweater Fitting

red lettuce from the garden


I've been focusing on eating well and am still working on my Stockholm Sweater. The lettuce in the garden is starting to bolt. Spring is definitely here. I have been making lots of bone broths and incorporating them into my daily diet. I've also been doing the Bikram Yoga series regularly. I like the way it tones the muscles. It makes me feel stronger physically, which translates into more strength, mentally and emotionally.


fitness and knitting at 54

I finally worked out the short row shaping on this sweater. I had to redo each side twice. It turns out I didn't need to work with four balls of yarn, either.  Had I known, I would have cut the yarn after putting the stitches on the holding needle. It would have been so much easier!  No more tangles. I made a note on the pattern.

Now I have joined the back and front and am just knitting like mad and decreasing every fifteenth row. The sleeves have the same short row shaping, but I think I understand it pretty well now. It just took some time and practice.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.   

16 comments:

  1. looking good so far! practice makes perfect :)) beautiful colour!
    ahhh your spring has started! we are enjoying the cool of autumn finally after the oppressive heat we have had.
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, It must be a relief to have those hot days behind you. Enjoy...

      Delete
  2. You look awesome! The sweater looks good, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bless. It feels good to be getting stronger. I'm excited to finish the sweater.

      Delete
  3. That's looking really good so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It's my first time using fingering weight yarn. Well, except when knitting socks.

      Delete
  4. You certainly are keeping in great shape! If only....(thinking of me...lol).
    As for the other post you did...I have made iced coffee from brewing it and cooling it down immediately with ice. I prefer hot coffee though. The smell of coffee is so tempting! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, I was starting to have memory problems, and doing this yoga series has really helped me on many levels. It's never too late to start. You can do it. I prefer hot coffee, too. I just had a mug of vanilla nut coffee, and thoroughly enjoyed it while knitting my sweater.

      Delete
  5. The sweater looks wonderful and the color is perfect on you! Your devotion to yoga definitely shows results. Nice looking red lettuce in your garden. We are having great success with our lettuces so far this spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. That's great news about your lettuces. Thanks for the compliment. I plan to be wearing a bikini soon, so I needed to do something that would tone my legs. The Bikram series works for me.

      Delete
  6. Great progress on the sweater and such a beautiful colour which suits your skin tone. We are just making a start with seeds for our Spring garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mm. Enjoy your planting. I look forward to seeing your garden.

      Delete
  7. I love yoga,do it everyday, whenever my toddler lets me☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Natalia, Thanks for reading and commenting. I love yoga, too. I have to put Lula in the bedroom, or she lays on me during savasana.

      Delete
  8. I've not knitted in years. I used to make sweaters for the children when they were small but later they asked for 'proper' ones (i.e. shop bought)! I've recently re-taken up basic crochet and am making my third blanket from yarn scraps .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Eloise, It sounds like you are an excellent knitter. Crocheted blankets are wonderful, and they go so quickly.

    ReplyDelete