Saturday, February 15, 2020

The Car Arrived!

This morning I received a call from the driver transporting the Nissan up to my cabin.  There had been a horrible accident on the 5, so they were running behind schedule.  He told me that you couldn't see anything in front of you, due to the fog.  He was upset, because people were still driving 70 miles per hour.  He slowed down to 20 miles per hour, put on his flashers, and drove safely.

I told him that I was glad he was okay, and advised him to take his time.  He ran out of hours, so they transferred the car to another driver.  I put another log on the fire, opened up a library book, and waited for them to arrive.

All's well that ends well.  The men pulled into my parking space around 10:00 a.m.  I signed the paperwork, Chatted with them for a minute, and got to work cleaning the windows.  I am excited to have a vehicle with manual ones.  Next on the list is to update the car insurance and transfer the title into my name. 

I volunteered at the co-op Friday morning from 7:30 a.m. until 9:00 a.m. We distributed all of the fresh, organic produce into the baskets.  The people were all very helpful and positive.  Things went very smoothly, and we got done early.  The quality of the food is exceptional.  It's such a treat! 

I have made several new friends up here, and feel very at home.  It's such a special community.  There is nothing like living in a charming  mountain town.  It feels like home, especially with all of the trees. 

Do you feel at home where you live? 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment i English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.     

23 comments:

  1. What a happy post! I can imagine that a small town has special qualities of community and friendship

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does, emw. I just had dinner with a woman and her husband last night. We met walking our dogs, and she invited me over that evening!

      Delete
  2. Are you planning on keeping both cars?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I got a very good price on this one. I bought out my brothers. It only has 37,000 miles on it. I always buy used cars, and this way, I know what I'm getting. It's good to have one in the driveway when I'm out of town.

      Delete
  3. Here we are told not to use emergency flashers during heavy rain or fog.
    I’m glad you got the car without any problems.

    I do feel very much at home where I live. It’s a quiet neighborhood. I’m lucky to find a place like this so close to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ideal that it's so close to work, Nil. I love living in a town that is walkable. The driver was carrying several cars on one of those huge trucks, that's why he used his flashers.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! How exciting to have a new car! Hope we get to see it, soon. :) I'm glad to hear that you have settled into your mountain cabin, have found new friends there and it feels like home. That sense of belonging is very important, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Bless. I feel like I'm at camp. It's so fun to be in the woods and to enjoy the gorgeous views. Have always dreamed of living in the mountains, and now it has come true.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad the car (and drivers) arrived safely and that you're so pleased with it. That's lovely.
    I feel at home where I live too. It's nothing special and there are things I would change if I could but I like the area and the people and if I was given the chance to move, I probably wouldn't.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, It sounds like you are in the right place. It's so important as we get older to feel happy and at home in our community.

      Delete
  6. It must have been a relief to have the car arrive safely, given the weather.
    How wonderful that you feel so welcome and at home in your mountain town. It must be a very special place to live. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. It really is. I am constantly meeting people that I really click with...it's fantastic. We all really love it up there. It's undeveloped, which gives it a totally different feel than the suburbs.

      Delete
  7. I really do indeed feel at home and have been warmly welcomed into this new community. Glad you have found the same.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How nice the car arrived safe and sound and with such conscientious drivers! Your mountain neighborhood sounds so nice! Everyone where I live are too nice (also!) ...I feel I don't deserve such nice people! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's excellent, Andrea. Having caring neighbors makes all the difference. I think you definitely deserve it!

      Delete
  9. Lovely news, nice to have a car when needed.
    Do you have to have a coating put on vulnerable parts to stop salt rust damage from snow clearing ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to look into that, MargaretP. I usually shovel the fresh snow away from my car. I don't let it pile up in the driveway.

      Delete
    2. We had our cars treated with some type of fish oil product when we lived 2 streets back from the ocean .

      Delete
  10. What an awful trip for that driver. I hate driving in fog. It is so spooky. The co-op group sounds like a fun bunch of hard workers. I love our area of San Diego. We are adjacent to a large park with lots of hiking trails and preserved habitat. We have lots of families and a thriving retirement community.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, driving on the 5 in fog is eerie. Your area sounds perfect for you and your husband. It sounds like a nice mix. We have the same. It's healthy to have that variety.

      Delete