Friday, July 2, 2021

Had Some Visitors

 


Yesterday my friend Diane and her husband Greg stopped by to see me at the cabin.  They were on their way home from Palm Springs.  I worked with them in "Hello Hollywood, Hello!" in 1984.  It's always so much fun to reconnect with old dancer friends from that show.  

I made a salad, and we enjoyed that with some whole wheat biscuits.  As you can see, we were easily able to socially distance out on the deck.  Later on, Greg and I had some ice cream.  Lula loved being near them.  In the above photo, Diane and I are having a very serious discussion about Covid and how it has affected dance studio owners. 

This afternoon I spent a couple of hours watering those trees that you see in the background, and the cherry and apple trees in the side yard that I panted.  The  blackberries  that I put in the ground are starting to ripen, and I'm thrilled!  They grow so well up here.  It's always easier to plant things that are native to the area.


As you can see, I have finally figured out how to download photos to this new laptop.  I don't know what took me so long.  Sometimes I overthink computers and how they work.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  


14 comments:

  1. How nice to have friends over. Sounds like you had a great time.

    The other day I bought a bag of cherries and wished I could grow them here. Cherries are so expensive here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are here, too,, Nil. This is the perfect climate for them. They need the chill. I love all of the lovely tropical fruits that you grow in Florida. I wish I could grow them. Each climate is so different.

      Delete
  2. How lovely to have friends around with shared experiences of the past.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is, Joy. A huge group of us get together at reunions. (Well, we did before Covid.) I am hoping to have more of them visit me here, so we can enjoy social distancing outside, in small groups.

      Delete
  3. How lovely that you had your friends visit you! Your deck is the ideal place for a visit! Glad to hear your blackberries are ripening! The blackberry plant I planted died!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. It really is. It's so private and the view is expansive. I invited them to the country club, but they wanted to stay at the cabin.

      Delete
  4. Lovely to meet with friends, isn't it? I am glad you had good time chatting. It looks gorgeous around your cabin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. It really is. I am so fortunate to live here in Wrightwood. The trees are so healing.

      Delete
  5. What a wonderful place to be able to sit and catch up with old friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It is. There is plenty of space for visitors to feel at home and comfortable. Some of our other dancer friends have expressed interest in coming up, too. I love seeing them after all of these years...

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a nice visit with special friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Mereknits. It's so fun to have people visit here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is so nice to have people visiting once again isn't it? Your deck is beautiful and just the place to share a meal. You look so relaxed and at peace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was really fun, Anita. I love that deck. The trees are so spiritual and green.

      Delete