Friday, December 21, 2018

Cabled Llama Socks

Knitting in the sunshine, out on the porch, with a cup of Christmas coffee

Today I started working on a pair of green cabled socks. I'm using some Llama Una yarn that I had in my stash. I purchased it last Christmas with a gift card from my brother. I had never knit socks out of worsted weight yarn until today. I absolutely love it!

I love my new cable needles and case

I received this sweet gift from a lady in my knitting group. It's a crocheted towel holder for dish towels, but I am using it to hold my curved cable needles. I needed a case for them, and am just wild about these colors. They speak to me.

Here come the cables! It's fun to watch them unfold.  My mother gave me those fairies.


The cable pattern on these is very simple. I love the effect. So often in art, less is more. You can find the  pattern here.  It's called Caron Cozy Knit Cabin Socks. Aren't the tweed ones  pretty?  There is also a video tutorial on the site that is very helpful. They come in all sorts of sizes, for children through adults. Who wants to make them with me?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

18 comments:

  1. I wish I could join you and knit a pair of socks.
    One day when I'm good at knitting, I will. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be an excellent knitter, Nil. Look how wonderfully your soaps turned out on the first try!

      Delete
  2. You are so talented! I hope to learn to knit or crochet one day. Looking forward to seeing the end result. Chy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chy. I had excellent teachers: Vera Sanon and Yuko Frederick. I think you would love the fiber arts.

      Delete
  3. Your porch sounds a lovely place to sit and knot, Stephenie. I am not ready for socks yet, I am knitting washcloths and I still have to finish my first ever scarf before Autumn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are wise, Meg. Those pieces will cement your technique.

      Delete
  4. I wish I could sit still long enough to knit. When this hip is fixed I am going to have a knitting frenzy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling, Cherie. I was just thinking this morning about the older British actresses who lay in bed, knitting socks at night. That looks more comfortable.

      Delete
  5. those socks look awesome! & i have plenty of of wool that would knit up beautifully for the socks, though it's still too humid here to pick up any knitting!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina; they are. They are perfect for stash knitting.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful fluffy socks! And your sweater on the last post! I love your coffee mug also and the sunlight! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. I love that mug, too. It was hand painted in Italy.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful color for your soks and your case is verry nice!
    Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Fabricole. I love green. It reminds me of nature, and it goes with everything.

      Delete
  8. Msybe 2019 will be the year I learn to knit socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe, Tania...it's a very addictive pastime. I really love working with the larger needles. It's much easier.

      Delete
  9. Your socks look so cozy and warm. People sometimes forget that it does get cold here in Southern California!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Anita. The yarn is very soft and warm. It was the perfect knitting project for my visit home. Yes, it does get cold here. I love this weather we are having.

    ReplyDelete