Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Have A Holly Jolly Christmas...


Here's wishing all of you wonderful readers and bloggers a  delightful Christmas. I find that it can be a sad holiday, but  looking at old photographs from childhood helps. I found these shots from our younger days. This is my cousin from my mom's side of the family, Lindsey. What a sweetie. She looks like a little doll. I think I was about twenty years old  in this photograph.


My brothers and I on the night before Christmas. It looks like we all got new pajamas, (and me a nightgown,) for Christmas. My mom used to let us open one gift on Christmas Eve. I still love Lanz flannel nightgowns. My brothers look so cute.  We were all excited for Santa to come down our chimney...


I just got home from visiting my dad. He snapped a photo of me in my Carbeth sweater for you. You can see it much better than in the selfie that I posted. I wore it constantly! It was cold, and we had some lovely rain.  My youngest brother sent me a gift certificate for Webs, so I plan to make another one. I just love the comfort and simple lines of  Kate Davies' design.  Mine is not as cropped as the original version.  I wanted an over fifty, comfortable sweater. I'm wearing some new Boom make-up for older women by Cindy Joseph, and I really like it.  It's simple and natural. I find that if we aren't careful with make-up as seniors, we can look like clowns. (but I do like a little color.)

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

16 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Stephenie. That jumper is the perfect length for me. Is it 'hand wash' only yarn?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, Thanks. Yes, it is hand wash only yarn. I even wash my Superwash hand knit sweater by hand. I have. Nina Spin Dryer, so everything dries very quickly.

      Delete
  2. Your jumper is a triumph well done, you look lovely. Christmas is full of mixed emotions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have had a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Living Simply. I hope yours was lovely, too.

      Delete
  4. A gift certificate to Webs is a wonderfully thoughtful gift. I went to their store in MA last summer without knowing exactly what they were! It was a huge shop and the ladies who work there were so helpful. Your sweater is beautiful. I love the length. I just might have to knit one up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. I love the length, too. It used a lot of yarn, being double knit on dk. I was fortunate to be given such a large quantity in this gorgeous grey! I think you will really enjoy it, if you decide to knit one.

      Delete
  5. First I love the sweater, you look wonderful in it. Perfect design and color. I am a huge Boom fan and only wear that make up if I ever put any on. I use her Boom Cotton on my face everyday. I love it. Boom Nectar is also lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Mereknits. I hesitated to spend the money on the Boom products, but absolutely love them. I haven't tried the skin care. I'm glad to hear that they are working so well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your dad, Stephenie.
    You look so happy and radiant. It's a lovely sweater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. Merry Christmas to you, too. I've been wearing the sweater constantly. Can't wait to make another one.

      Delete
  8. Hello
    I love your sweater!
    And now i wish you a beautiful new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks, Fabricole. Happy New Year to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your retro photos....those stockings are really neat! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Andrea. I love the old photographs, too. They make me happy.

    ReplyDelete