Friday, September 8, 2017

Baby Blanket Photos


Yesterday I received an adorable photo of the baby in the baby blanket that I crocheted a couple of months ago. It was such a nice surprise. They look so sweet in hand knit and crocheted items. It makes me want to start knitting baby sweaters, hats, and booties. Blankets take a long time, but they get a lot of use. Babies grow so quickly; I hesitate to make them clothes in the tinier sizes.

Last night I visited with my neighbor and she talked with me about her dog. She is very busy with three young children, and she told me that walking her dog is last on her list of priorities. I ride right by her house on my bike ride every morning, so I mentioned  that I'd be happy to run her puppy on the Walkydog, if she wanted. She was so appreciative. We eagerly made plans for today.


This morning I ran Lana, and then went down and picked up the puppy. She was wonderful. First I took her for a walk, so that she could get used to me. After that, she ran alongside the bicycle with me, and we rode around the neighborhood. She was so cute! My neighbor said that she looked like she was smiling when she got home.She was pooped. I think they really appreciate a good run. My neighbor sent me home with some delicious homemade banana bread, and some aromatic fresh basil from her herb garden.


I unmolded and cut the batch of rosemary soap that I made yesterday. This recipe uses butter, cocoa butter, olive oil, coconut oil, castor oil, lye, and distilled water. I'm really pleased with how it looks. It has flecks of green rosemary that I grew in my organic herb garden. I didn't use any scent. The cocoa butter gives it a natural chocolate aroma that is divine! It turned out a pretty cream color. It should be a nice hard bar, too. I'm so excited to try it. I have to wait eight weeks for it to cure. I think these will make delightful Christmas gifts. The butter makes a milk soap, without having to freeze or buy milk. I love the natural milk soaps. They're so special.  

 

9 comments:

  1. That lovely baby does look cute with its new blanket. Your soap looks so creamy, I bet it's going to be gorgeous to use xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl. He does bring it alive. Thank you. I have a feeling this is going to be a very special soap. The ingredients are so luxurious! I plan to order more cocoa butter in bulk!

      Delete
  2. It must be such a great feeling receiving photos from people such as that adorable baby blanket.
    Such a lovely story to read about you walking your neighbour's puppy and your neighbour sounds very appreciative too.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kylie, Yes, it is. Babies look so sweet and cozy in hand knit and crocheted items. I ran her puppy again today. She stuck her head through the fence when I left, as if to say, "I adore you..." I just love her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket looks wonderfully cushy and soft, such a tactile delight for babies and toddlers. I can see it easily transitioning into a Linus type security blankie as they start to walk.
    He's such a handsome baby! The perfect model for your handwork!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jill. I think he is adorable. It was so nice of her to send me photos. I agree with you about it being a Linus blanket as he gets older. I hope so...

      Delete
  5. Sorry once again about your dog. That isn't easy.

    It's nice to hear about the puppy and your lovely soaps. I love the idea of natural, luxurious soaps...we must bathe every day so why not make it a beautiful experience? I love it. :)

    Rose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rose. I focus on remembering the good times with Carlie. This new puppy that I run is so sensitive and sweet. I think she must be part poodle. I agree with you about luxurious soaps. I can't wait to try these...I just love cocoa butter!

      Delete