Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Homemade Cold Cream Recipe


This is a recipe that I used to use to remove my make-up, before I started making my own soap. It's quick, easy, and natural. Most people already have the ingredients on hand.

Homemade Cold Cream

1 egg yolk, beaten
2 T lemon juice
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup vegetable oil

Combine egg yolk and lemon juice. Stir with a wire wisk, gradually adding oils until mixture thickens. If it's too thick, add more lemon juice.

I used to keep mine in the fridge. It doesn't have any preservatives, so it's best to use it up fairly quickly. It feels so nice on the skin.


Carlie passed away last night. I was with her at the time. She was in her bed. Her ninth birthday would have been the first week of November. It is terribly sad to lose a pet. I will miss her.  

10 comments:

  1. Oh I am so sorry about Carlie. Losing our much loved pets is so tough. Thinking of you and here comes a tight, squeezy hug.
    Kylie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie. It is. She was a very special girl.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about Carlie.
    Sending hugs to you Stephnie. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry, Stephenie.
    She was such a beautiful creature. It is such a deep sadness when you lose such a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jill. She really was, and she was so healthy and strong her whole life. She added such a presence to our home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry for your loss of Charlie dog. I can only imagine she had a happy healthy life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lady Locust. Yes, we had happy times right until the end. She really appreciated the little things, like going for a ride in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  7. so sorry for your loss!
    didn't you have 2 dogs? how is the other fairing? must be missing her terribly too
    it's very hard losing our furbabies & at such a young age too!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Selina, Yes, I still have one dog. She does really miss Carlie. We still had a fun frisbee session and long walk yesterday, though.

    ReplyDelete