Thursday, September 7, 2017

Moving Forward


Today I took Lana to the vet and got her an e-collar. She still has been licking herself, in spite of having taken several rounds of antibiotics. This way the sores can heal. I thought that she would hate wearing it, but she actually seems to appreciate it. I put some neosporin ointment on the areas that she's licked raw.  I bought some more Advantix while we were at the vet, and gave her the monthly dose. I still have one tube left that I had bought for Carlie. I saved it, in case I get another extra large dog. I decided to take Lana to Fox Feed and and let her pick out a few treats. After losing Carlie so unexpectedly,  I don't want to be too frugal anymore . I wish I had bought her a new frisbee and ball before she died.  She had carried around ragged pieces of a tennis ball for months. My dogs are just as happy retrieving a stick. I have lots of those in my backyard. I washed out Carlie's bowl for the last time and put it away in the cupboard.


Once we arrived at the feed store,  I picked out some peanut dog biscuits for Lana, and splurged on a pig's ear. We both were excited. I let her sniff around the baskets there, and she daintily chose something very beautiful. It was hard, and it felt almost like ivory. I read the label, and it said that it was an antler. The price was $19.99, so I put it back. I sifted through them, and found some smaller ones. Maybe I'll get her one of the $4.00 ones. Lana was so drawn to them. They were really pretty and elegant. I had never seen them until today. I used to buy pigs' hooves for she and Carlie. Carlie would crunch on hers at all hours, sometimes even in the middle of the night. I'd have to take it away from her and put it up on my dresser so that  I could sleep. Dogs are so funny.


Yesterday as I was finishing the baby blanket, I realized that I had made a small error on a couple of rows. I had ended just over the edge on the final stitch. It made the border ripple, so I had to rip out most of my work. I probably shouldn't have crocheted  it when I was so upset about Carlie. Oh well. I still have plenty of time. There were still twenty clusters in each row, but that slight shift on a couple of rows made a difference. I've made a few of these blankets without any problems, so I didn't expect this to happen. I'll work on it this afternoon.


The alpaca throw is now in New York. I'm hoping that my friend will receive it today. I like being able to track all of my orders through Etsy once they have shipped. This one was mailed on Tuesday afternoon, so it's making good time. I plan to make a batch of rosemary soap this afternoon. I love the look of the green needles in a cream colored, handmade soap. How are you doing today?      

6 comments:

  1. Rosemary soap sounds lovely. I'm so glad you hear that your Etsy shop is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nil. I love rosemary soap! I was given a bar by my mom for Christmas years ago. I never forgot it. It was such a nice gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you both had a good day together. It's wonderful that she gets to wander the aisles and peruse the goodies. What a fun dog time!
    Hope Lana heals soon, this awful heat can't be helping her skin any, I'm sure.
    My dogs adore antlers! They are a great, long lasting chew substitute for them as they can't digest the hoofs or piggie ears. I also have to put them into the pantry at night so we all get some rest. You're right, dogs can be so funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jill, That's good to know about the antlers. I was awestruck by them. I think I'll go back and get the small one for Lana. You are right about the he heat. She's already developing scabs, and the sores are healing.

      Delete
  4. Carlie's tennis ball sounds much loved. I'm sure Carlie loved it.
    Lana is so fortunate to have you care so much and really look after her.
    I look forward to hearing how your friend goes when he receives he alpaca throw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kylie, Yes, she carried another ball that my mom gave her everywhere she went for several years. It was so funny. The throw was delivered yesterday. I'm excited to hear how he likes it.

      Delete