Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Homemade Dish Soap Recipe


Homemade Dish Soap

1 bar of soap, grated
1 3/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup vinegar

Optional: a few drops of essential oil

I made a batch of this dish soap today. It's a quick and easy recipe. Most of us have the ingredients on hand. I used my homemade Coconut Dream soap, because it's very cleansing. It also has a terrific lather in hard water, which we have. I was very pleased with the results. It's much cheaper than buying the commercial brands at the grocery store. It's also greener.  


I received some more beautiful free yarn today, at one of my knitting groups. This will make gorgeous baby blankets and sweaters. Such a treasure! I am almost done with the first sock for the lady who gave it to me. She picked out the yarn, so I know she will like it. The pattern is by Yuko Frederick, and is available for sale on Ravelry. It is a simple sock with a short row heel. I rib mine on the top, so that the leg is elasticized. The yarn is Cascade Heritage Hand Paints. My friend purchased it at Creative Ewe in Canyon Country, California. I love self patterning sock yarn. It's so much fun to watch the colors develop.  

4 comments:

  1. Your stash of yarn has some pretty colours. I'm sure there will be one very happy lady when she receives her new pair of socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie. I love having a yarn stash. It's like having a food stockpile. One more sock to go!

      Delete
  2. More great yarn, how wonderful! I agree, your friend will be really pleased with these socks,

    I would like to try the dish washing liquid. With one bar of soap to 2 cups liquid it must be quite thick so I imagine that you need very little of it. Non-toxic and economical...Win!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Jill, My batch of dish soap came out pretty well thin. It has a totally different consistency than the store bought soap. I like it, though. It works well. Yes, I am thrilled with the gorgeous yarn, thanks. The first sock is now complete.

    ReplyDelete