Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Things Are Looking Up For Lana


Lana is doing much better now. I am so happy. I really was afraid that I was going to lose her, too. The new medication has made a huge difference. She is sleeping calmly through the night, and no longer seems to be hypersensitive.  I followed the vet's advice, and started giving her cottage cheese and plain white rice instead of her regular food. She's now eating again, and is very enthusiastic about this new diet. She was acting like a puppy when I was dishing it up for her last night. I also fed her some potatoes that I had saved from a batch of homemade chicken soup, and a few small pieces of chicken. She lapped it all up, eagerly.


This morning I took she and the neighbor's puppy on an easy hike. They loved it. They get along really well, and look so cute riding in the car together. They each sit up very straight, right next to the window. It was good to be out in the fresh air and sunshine. I love the canopy that the oak trees create.

I'm still working on my vintage sweater. I have knit up to the armholes on the front. The back is complete. The sleeves are short, so it shouldn't take me too much longer to finish. I plan to knit a pair of socks as a thank you to the woman who gave me all of this lovely yarn. Some of what she gave me is sock yarn. I've gotten so many compliments on the Silky Wool that I'm using for the sweater. It's really excellent  quality.


I've been getting behind in my housework, so I need to spend more time on those duties. The dogs have been taking up a lot of my energy. I will get some cleaning done tonight before bed. One of my soap orders has been delayed, due to Hurricane Irma. I am working on filing a claim on line with the post office. I just entered all of the information, and then lost it. After my mini ipad has recharged, I will enter it all again. Computers take patience.     

8 comments:

  1. Lana really has come along. It's no surprise as you take such good care of her.
    Picturing two dogs in the back of your car makes me smile. They would love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kylie. I am enjoying each day with her. You're right; they do love to go in the car.

      Delete
  2. wonderful news about Lana! so glad she is feeling much better! gosh it must be such a relief for you too!
    love your soap stand, your socks look awesome & wow, free yarn! life is good, isn't it?
    take care
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, Yes, it's a huge relief. The soap stand is actually a she rack. It works well. The free yarn is fabulous!

      Delete
  3. The news about Lana is wonderful. She looks like a scamp in that photo-waiting for her rice and cottage cheese dinner I suspect! I feel for you with the never-ending housework. Slow and steady on that is my motto. The socks are lovely and I am eager to see the sweater. Our weather has turned cooler and I hope it has for you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anita, That's an older picture of her. Thank you for the compliment on the socks. I love that yarn. I think she'll be happy with them, since she picked the wool. I will post photos of the sweater. Yes, it's much cooler here...I love the change in seasons!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful that Lana has improved so much, enjoying her food and outings in the car. Our old Labrador, Sir Steve, is beside himself whenever food and outings are concerned ... he gets so excited. They are such wonderful animals to share life with. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Meg. How sweet to hear about Sir Steve. My lab was that way, too. He absolutely loved to eat! They are such good company.

    ReplyDelete