Thursday, April 19, 2018

New Knitting Projects and Photos

pink socks
I had my computer professional over today to help me find my missing photos. It turns out the setting was wrong, so my computer  wasn't saving them. Now I can quickly and easily upload them. I recently  finished these feminine lace socks from Winwick Mum's blog. Here is the link.  lace socks. She is such an excellent teacher! I love her patterns and videos. This one is free. I think they all are, but she accepts donations.


This was my first time doing something different than a short row heel. I find this version to be much easier, although I really  love short rows. I bought the yarn  in Wrightwood, California, at a little yarn shop up in the mountains. I think it's so pretty. The lace gives them an antique look, but it's a very easy pattern. The second and fourth rows are just knits and pearls. I'd forgotten how much I enjoy making socks. I plan to list these in my etsy shop.



I've been crocheting another sock yarn back with leftover sock yarn. I gave the socks to a friend in San Diego. The yarn looks entirely different when it's crocheted. It's so  colorful. I love using these to hold a center pull ball of yarn. You can find the pattern here. It's at the Yellow Pink and Sparkly blog.


Here's a photo of the cashmere hat that I knit. The pattern is free. It's by Rebecca Graves. I found it at www.rebeccagravespottery.com. It was a challenging pattern for me. I'm not used to doing so many cables. I was excited that it sold it as soon as I had finished it, to a wonderful knitter! It just so happens that  she was looking for a hat, and this one fit her perfectly. I think she looks just gorgeous! I bought some more yarn in other neutrals. I plan to knit a few more of these; they're so pretty!


I will be blogging regularly and posting more photos to update you on all of the knitting projects that I've completed since January. I can't wait to show them to you! How are things going in your neck of the woods? 

Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate them. If you enjoy the articles here, please share them. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. Thank you.

10 comments:

  1. Those socks are gorgeous!
    I so glad that you were able to get the computer sorted as I have missed seeing all of your projects.
    Lula is looking like such a big-girl dog now! She is a wonderful addition to your life in the Pink Cottage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jill! I love them. They are so balletic. I am thrilled to be able to post photos here again. I'm sorry it took so long. Yes, Lula is such a sweetheart. I adore her.

      Delete
  2. I love the colors of new socks. They look so comfy too.
    I am glad you got the photo problem fixed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I love the colors, too. This is my first time knitting socks in a cotton/wool/silk blend. They will be ideal for dog walking in the hot weather. I'm very relieved to have the photo problem fixed, too. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Love your Lula, Stephenie. She looks very content sitting up there with your knitting! I'm looking forward to seeing your knitting projects, the socks looks lovely. I am teaching for the next three weeks and so I will be crafting very little during this busy time. I shall miss making things! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. I can tell you're a teacher, because you're such a good writer. I'm sure the three weeks will fly by...

      Delete
  4. Those socks look sooo comfy! Glad to hear you got your computer fixed. It can be so frustrating when there's a glitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are beautiful. I saw the pattern and aspire to someday be confident enough in sock knitting to try it. Your hat looks lovely on your customer. How nice she sent you a photo of her wearing it! We were also having a bit of a computer problem here, but luckily Steve was able to fix it (we think) by some dumb luck and internet research. You will be hearing this a lot-but thank you, thank you, thank you for the socks! They fit perfectly and the photos of them do not do them justice. I love them! And the soap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Lady Locust. I love the socks, and the yarn. It's such a relief to be able to post photos here again. It makes all the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anita, I'm so glad that you like the socks. I love giving hand knit socks to knitters. You will be able to do this pattern in no time. It's so relaxing. Glad to hear that Steve was able to fix your computer.

    ReplyDelete