Monday, April 30, 2018

The Latest Article on Dancers and Safety Is Now Live Online at dancemagazine.com

Juliet Prowse at 50 with Jim Hogan and David Chavez

The article that I wrote about dancers and safety  has been published. Here is the link:

I hope you enjoy it! Please let me know what you think. There is a share button if you have friends who are interested in dance.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and enthusiasm to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but links will not be published.  If you enjoy the articles here, please share them.

6 comments:

  1. Stephenie, this was a very good article for opening the conversation about comfort and your right to question something that affects your safety... this is especially needed for young and fairly new performers. Oftentimes they tend to be somewhat stage struck and cowed [if not bullied] by choreographers/producers into putting their fears aside.
    You have a great deal to offer performers so I hope you will be doing more of these types of articles. You have a very accessible style and so much experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jill. I hope to do more of these types of articles. They receive numerous pitches, so it's a challenge. I really appreciate your encouragement. It means so much to me. I need to work on the book, as well. It is about life as a chorus girl...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Stephanie. I love the way you write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I love the way that you write, too. I read once that teachers are generally very good writers, and I've found it to be true.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing your article with us Stephenie. I agree with the others that your writing style is clear and the message is strong. I would love to read a book about the life of a chorus girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita. I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete