Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Lana Still Wants To Play


Thank you for all of your kind and thoughtful comments. After having a long talk with Lana, praying, and crying over the thought of losing her, she has improved. I realized that much of what bothers me is how she looks. Her skin and lump look God awful. But, I remembered my mother's skin before she died, and how her legs were purple with bruises. What matters most is on the inside; getting older is not always pretty. 

Lana woke up and behaved in a very loving, happy, enthusiastic way. She walked into the kitchen, looked at me with a smile, and I realized that there was no way I could euthanize her. She has far too much strength, energy, and power.  She is eating all of her food, and loves the new grain free treats that I bought.

I've been taking her for walks and playing frisbee with she and Lula in the afternoon. She still leaps for the frisbee and catches it on a fly. She seems to get deep satisfaction from the praise and coaching that I give her. She always was an excellent frisbee player. People at the park would ask me how I trained her, and I'd reply that she was just a natural. Passion and talent shine, and she has both qualities.

Thank you for your comments. I greatly appreciate them. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. Comments in English only, please. Comments with links will not be published.


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Simple Living. I am, too. Her energy is excellent.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. I'm catching up on reading so didn't realize she was having any trouble. I told my dad one time, "The bad thing about good dogs is they don't live long enough." Lana is a fortunate dog to have you as her human.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Stephenie. I hope Lana will get better each day. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like Lana is still getting joy out of her life and that she's able to cope with the difficulties she's having. I think she'll let you know when that changes. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is, Meg. It's a pleasure to have her. She has a very sweet spirit.

      Delete
  5. This is a wonderful update. Sweet Lana!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. She is a very special girl. I adore her.

      Delete
  6. so glad she has perked up for you; it's an awful decision & one that will be there when the time is needed; for now try & keep her food as natural as possible & she should keep going hopefully for another couple of years. there will be times when she will just be too tired to do anything & other times she'll be like having a puppy! enjoy while you can
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Selina, Had to put her down today, unfortunately. It's always sad to lose a beloved dog. She was extra special. We tried our best, but could not heal her.

      Delete