Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Another Article in Dance Magazine


This article is now live at www.Dance Magazine.com. Here is the link  It's a piece I wrote for dancers about the importance of knowing your type. Although it was written with  performers in mind, it also applies to those in other fields. Sometimes it helps to see things from the perspective of the person behind the table.


Last night I picked the first zucchini. It was tender and delicious. It's so rewarding to grown and cook food from your own garden. Whenever I have skipped growing zucchini for a season, I have always missed it. It's so delicious and reliable. I love how green and nutritious it is.


This morning I worked on the finishing of The Five Hour Baby Sweater. I just need to block it. I'm so pleased with how it turned out! The detail and colors make me smile. Now I just need to find a newborn baby girl who lives somewhere that is cold while she is still tiny! 


Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and enthusiasm to the blog. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. Please comment in English. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

14 comments:

  1. You certainly do look close to your younger self in pictures! So nice you can share your expertise with your articles. Very interesting! The sweater is sweet! Zucchini is a rewarding plant! (Sometimes too rewarding...ha). And it is so nice to pick it fresh. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, Andrea? Thank you. That's very kind of you. Yes, the articles are a wonderful, creative outlet. I am very grateful for the opportunity. I hope this zucchini is as successful as yours. There are four plants, which I hope will produce well. But... it is 110 degrees here today. I hand pollinated the female blossoms this morning.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on another great article Stephanie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nil. I love writing articles. They are so doable. It is very rewarding to see them in Dance Magazine. I started reading it as a child. I never knew that I would eventually be writing for them. It's very exciting.

      Delete
  3. Well done both on the article and finishing the little cardigan. If I plant courgettes the local squirrel eats all the skin off them. It leaves naked courgettes on the plants

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. That's a shame about the squirrels. My dog does an excellent job of keeping them out of the garden. They are one of my favorite vegetables.

      Delete
  4. I love the gentle colours in the baby's sweater, Stephenie. So very pretty! I hope you find a little baby girl to give it to. Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. I love them, too. I will probably donate the first one to charity. That's what the designer asked us to do, in exchange for the free pattern.

      Delete
  5. Great photo. Loving the matinee jacket, I'm sure you'll find a deserving little soul.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always look forward to reading your articles. You are correct-the information does translate well to other occupations and situations. I never realized that attire, hair and makeup would be important for an audition (I guess I just figured the show would "fix you up" for the parts), but now I know I am pretty naïve about show business. I love the sweet baby sweater. I so long to be a granny!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Thank you for reading the article. Yes, it makes all the difference. Show business is very competitive. They do have professionals to help with hair and make-up, but you still need to look your best in order to get hired.

      Delete
  7. Excellent, well written article, Stephenie.
    It gives young performers a good range of things to consider.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much, Jill. Your opinion means a lot to me. You are such an excellent writer.

    ReplyDelete