Thursday, July 26, 2018

More Baby Booties


I finished another pair of baby booties yesterday. This was my first attempt at knitting them. They match the Five Hour Baby Sweater. Today I worked on the bonnet. It's almost done. I love knitting these small baby projects. They are challenging for my mind, yet still entertaining and easy. The end result is very rewarding. I sent a photograph to the woman who gave me the yarn. She was pleased, and thanked me for sharing.


For the past few days, my back has been threatening to spasm. I'm not sure why. It's been years since I've had this sensation. It must have been the three hundred and eighteen spinal flexes that I did the other night while practicing Kundalini Yoga. Fortunately, it hasn't shifted into a full blown spasm. Hopefully  it will release and relax.


The garden is looking lovely. Sitting near the flowers always relaxes me. I had a neighbor over for coffee this morning. We enjoyed the birds and cottage garden atmosphere. The zucchini plants should be producing well very soon. It's been extremely hot here, but we are still comfortable. I just love our shady porch. Walking Lula after the sun goes down has been  enjoyable, too. How are your flowers doing?
  
Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

12 comments:

  1. Your flowers are beautiful.
    I have a small bed of Mexican Petunias and in the morning it's full of flowers. They don't last long though, especially in this rain.

    I hope your back feels better now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, I just love them. They are so cheerful and colorful. Our climate is so different than yours. We haven't had rain in months! Enjoy your time off and gardening...

      Delete
  2. My flowers always begin to wilt and look tired this time of year. Like they’re sick of the summer heat. I’m impressed, yours look like they’re thriving! How lovely to have a neighbor to sip coffee with! I had a friend over yesterday too but she has 3 kids and I have 4, so our visit wasn’t as nice and peaceful as yours. Haha! I hope your back feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Courtney, Yes, seven kids makes a big difference in the energy level! Some of my flowers have had it, but I just planted Mammoth Sunflowers. I just bought the petunias. We'll see if they make it through the hottest months of the year...

      Delete
  3. Oh-this heat!! It seems to have broken yesterday down here thank goodness. It was only 92F for a high which was 10F cooler than Wednesday. And our sea breeze is still blowing after the sun sets which cools down the house for sleeping. Our vegetable garden has taken a bit of a hit with the heat. The baby bell peppers are becoming sunburned and I doubt they will survive. Big sigh. Your baby set is lovely and I hope you find a good home for it. Take care of your back. Odd as it sounds-try applying some Tiger Balm. It is magical stuff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, You are fortunate to have that ocean breeze. It makes such a difference. I had forgotten about Tiger Balm. Thanks for the tip! The tightness seems to have dissolved, which is a relief.

      Delete
  4. Such pretty flowers in those shades of pink, lavender, and yellow. I didn't realize you had a bonnet to go with the baby outfit also...so cute! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea, Thank you. I love the variety of colors. Yes, plan to finish the bonnet this afternoon. It's very sweet and vintage looking.

      Delete
  5. That is an adorable set Stephanie - will be amazing with a bonnet as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LL. Just finished the bonnet. All I need to do now is crochet the chain drawstrings...

      Delete
  6. Your garden is beautiful and is that sweater and booties. Hope your back calms down. I am in love with Tiger Balm when my back acts up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mereknits. I appreciate the compliment and your comment. Tiger Balm is fabulous; I agree. My back is fine now, thanks.

      Delete