Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Pastel Baby Booties


After finishing the crocheted stroller blanket for my friend's grandson, I decided to whip up a pair of matching baby booties. I love the variegated yarn, and thought it would look cute with a lavender chained tie. I had that yarn in my stash, as well.  This was my first time making booties. I found a simple pattern on the Paton's website. They are very quick and easy. It reminded me of making adult slippers, but in a miniature size. These will fit a baby who is six months to a year.


Here is  a closer shot of them. I packed them up and sent them off with the blanket and socks this afternoon. It felt so good to get everything in the mail. I can't wait to see a photo of the baby in them! He isn't due until October.


I made a batch of Rosemary Olive Oil Soap for Pink Cottage Soaps. This is part of an order that's going to New York. I had a problem with a partial gel and tunneling in my last batch, so this time I popped the loaf right into the freezer. I like the look of this soap recipe when it's sliced. You can see the flecks of dried rosemary in the pieces that way.  I'll post photos tomorrow, once it's cut.  I'm enjoying using this silicone mold (mould) that I bought on Brambleberry.  I worried when I bought it that I wouldn't get much use out of it. I was wrong. It's very well made, and I love it for the swirled colorful soaps, and those made with dried  herbs.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much energy and talent to the blog. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

16 comments:

  1. Such pretty booties! They go well with the blanket...very nice gift...a heirloom gift. Your soap looks nice. I have that mold from Brambleberry; I love it! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea. My friend is excited to receive them. I sent her photos. Yes, it's a very well made mold, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blanket and booties are gorgeous. Want a shocker? I bought a pair of knitting needles and am going to try my hand at making a dishcloth 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, Thank you. I'm not shocked at all. I think that's wonderful. Happy knitting. I started with dishcloths, too.

      Delete
  4. Those little booties are really sweet. I love to see tiny babies wearing hand knitted/crocheted things... Bring back big Silver Cross prams... Babies always looked so cosy and comfortable in them. And they were a great opportunity to make pretty blankets and matching cushions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cherie. I agree, I love that vintage look with the prams. My mom had one. Maybe they will come back in style...

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I like them together. I am working on a sweater now. It's very vintage...

      Delete
  6. very lucky baby to have such a beautiful gift, I love the pattern and the color scheme, its lovely, the soap sounds and looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurie. I love the colors together, too. The soap was a disappointment. It overheated and has a partial gel. It looks like a tunnel in the center. Rats. It's still good soap, though.

      Delete
  7. Such cute little bootees, they look lovely with the blanket. I can almost imagine the scent of your soap with it’s rosemary, it looks so creamy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cheryl. Those booties were so much fun to make. The soap does look creamy. It's a nice pale color.

      Delete
  8. The blanket and booties are lovely. I know what you mean about that wonderful feeling when you post a gift to someone. Tuesday I mailed my sister the socks I knit for her along with some lavender sachets from the garden. She should receive the package today or tomorrow. Rosemary soap-it sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How exciting, Anita! It is fun to anticipate them opening the box. Your sock knitting is coming along so well. You picked it up so quickly. Congratulations.

      Delete
  9. Oh, those baby booties are so very cute! For such tiny toes! My Mum knitted booties and a sweet little jacket for my boy when he was born and I treasure those tiny little handmade clothes still. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg. That's sweet. I am knitting a newborn baby sweater now. It's so much fun...

      Delete