Thursday, July 5, 2018

Textured Socks


I started the Hermione's Everyday Socks pattern today. I combined a couple of the colors of Tofutsies sock yarn from my stash. This is a fun and easy pattern. It's free on Ravelry. You can find it here. I've just done a few repeats of the four row pattern. I love it. If any of you sock knitters would like to join me, I'd enjoy  hearing from you. I knit plain socks for years, and am just getting into patterns and texture.


I unmolded  a batch of Shea Butter Goat's Milk Soap today. These are the cameos.


And these are the sheep. They're so cute! I got the molds at Milky Way Molds in Portland, OR. I love the detail. I have two large batches that will be shipped to New York. These are curing on the racks now. The fresh rosemary from my garden is drying for the next one. It's an unscented Olive Oil Soap with rosemary.

I have added a long walk to my daily routine. I notice a big difference in my legs already. Nothing works the muscles like dancing, but every bit of exercise helps.  Do you walk regularly?  

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

10 comments:

  1. awww very pretty socks! loved the green & cream on the ravelry site, were quite stunning; thank you for sharing the link
    beautiful soaps too
    yeh i need to get back into walking, all this sitting & knitting is making my joints & back ache

    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Selina. It's a nice pattern, isn't it? What you wrote about all the sitting and knitting is profound. It's so true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soaps look so pretty. I bet they feel wonderful and gentle. If I can finish the sock that is on needles this weekend I will join you knitting that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great, Cherie. I will post photos of yours, too, once they are finished. (if you'd like.) I woke up eager to start knitting again.

      Delete
  4. Pretty socks!! I love pink. And the tea cup! Very nice soap. Since we moved here recently (1 1/2 years) I have been walking. I think I like walking more than any other activity! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. I love pink, too. That's great that you enjoy walking. I love to hike in the mountains.

      Delete
  5. I am a big believer in walking. I try to walk at least 20 miles a week (4 miles at a time). There are lots of hills around here so I can easily get my heart rate up. I had downloaded that sock pattern a few weeks ago and planned to use it for my first pair of non-plain vanilla socks. Too bad I just started a pair for my sister so once those are finished you have inspired me to knit the textured ones. I love your cameo soaps. Try to stay cool in this heat!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, The pair for your sister will be good practice. I think it will be easy for you to do this one as your first textured pattern. It's all knits and pearls. So glad you like the cameo soap. I just sent a small box off to an Etsy customer in Australia...

      Delete
  6. I love a long walk 💙. I have been having a lot of trouble with one of my feet for around six months now and it's curtailed my long walks. I really miss them so much and feel I have lost a lot of fitness without the many long walks I was doing each week. I have orthotics now and am slowly to reach my first goal of walking our dog each day. I find walking has so many benefits and I am so keen for it to be part of my.life again. Meg Xx p.s. Love your sheep soaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, I'm sorry to hear you've been having trouble with one of your feet. I agree that walking has many benefits. The sheep soaps are very popular, especially with fiber artists and knitters...

      Delete