Saturday, November 17, 2018

Christmas Crafts

 
I finished a couple sets of the Christmas pot holders. They still need to be blocked and listed on Etsy. They are so easy to crochet. I plan to use the leftover yarn to make a few simple drawstring soap bags that double as washcloths. I like having something easy to work on when I'm in a group.  The bag below is a yarn holder for a center pull ball of yarn. The pattern is called Handy Dandy Sock Yarn Bags. It's listed under with her free patterns, under Crochet. 


I have been busy filling Etsy orders. I need to print up some more Christmas labels for my soaps.


The mauve lace curtains arrived! I am very pleased with them. They look so old fashioned, and fit in beautifully with the vintage furniture and antiques. My mom would approve. They let the sunlight stream in, yet provide privacy during the day.  I will need to find something to put over them in the evenings. For now, I'm using the old balloon shades. They are a bit tattered, but I mended them. My German Shepherd, Carlie, had ripped through them during an anxiety attack. She used to be so frightened of storms. She would literally climb the walls. (and try to jump out of windows.) She finally settled on crouching in the bathtub. I miss her.


After hearing the news of my friend Kate's death, I felt like I was moving through mud.  I've been making an effort to cook quick, healthy meals. Last night that was pan fried filet mignon, (bought on sale,) brussells sprouts, and baked potatoes. Because of the grief,  the smallest tasks seemed to take so much effort. Today is much easier.  I have been writing about her, and that is helping. I even sat and watched a few psychic and medium shows on Youtube. It sounds funny, but it was comforting. I hope you are doing well. 

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

12 comments:

  1. Your lace curtains look great, Stephenie. I've always like lace curtains. They have such a feminine, old fashioned charm.
    I hope with time you will find comfort in knowing that your friend is now free from suffering and pain. I hope thinking about the good times you had with her and writing about her will help.

    It's good that you are making Christmas items for your Etsy shop. Sometimes being busy helps because it takes your mind off from painful thoughts.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do, don't they, Nil? They frame these old schoolhouse windows nicely. It is helping me to choose the photos of Kate to send my editor, and to keep writing about all of her positive qualities. I have felt a shift today. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Pretty crafts...I love Christmas colors. You are busy! I know...life is a mystery...life and death. It is hard to understand. But there is always joy around the corner. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Andrea. I love them, too. That is true. The sad times makes us appreciate the happy times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty, they suit the style of your home very well.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. I think so, too. They are really starting to grow on me.

      Delete
  5. The curtains look perfect for the room. Please don't try to rush through your feelings-the process of mourning takes the time it takes. I love the Christmas pot holders!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita, Thank you. I love the lace curtains and Christmas pot holders, too. Don't worry, I am not rushing. Writing about her has been very therapeutic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have thought of you often, as you grieve. It's interesting how our blog "friends" become family, and we relate in this journey we call life. May you find comfort around you.
    Grace to you.
    Patricia /Fl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patricia. Yes, that's true. We all experience grief. My dog has been a huge help. She is so sensitive. She acts like a guide dog. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete
  8. Your pot holders are lovely in Christmas colours, Stephenie. I love red, green and white together. The new curtains are very pretty, they really suit your house. I am glad that you are remembering to take care of yourself as you grieve the loss of your friend. Doing everyday things, eating simply and well and spending time doing craft all help with that process. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, I agree. I love the red, green and white together, too. It also helps to shorten the to do list.

      Delete