Monday, November 26, 2018

Knitting Teeny Tiny Socks From Winwick Mum



I have always wanted to knit these adorable miniature socks. They look difficult, so I was a bit intimidated. I decided to try Winwick Mum's pattern. It's listed under her patterns and printables.  She has fabulous tutorials, and explains everything so clearly.



I was pleased to discover that they are a quick and fairly easy knit! I was thrilled with how my leftover sock yarn turned out with this pattern. The little stripes are just adorable. They work perfectly for the size. I bought this yarn years ago and made a pair of alpaca gloves with it. I also knit a pair of small socks for one of my adult ballet students. She used to take care of my chicken for me, when I was out of town.


I'm also working on another pair of adult size socks. This is Winwick Mum's pattern for Easy Lace Socks.  The cable cast on give it a nice, stretchy edge.  I had the yarn in my stash. It was part of a grab bag of unknown colors by Austermann that I bought several years ago, online. I love it! I should be finishing up my sweater, but  have been distracted by socks. They are so addictive. It's fun to make the Christmas items now, too. It's really gotten me in the mood.

How is your knitting or crocheting going? Are you making any gifts this year? 

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them. 

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. They are so sweet. I'm going to make them as gifts. I think they're perfect for knitters.

      Delete
  2. I am sewing gifts this year as well as knitting washcloths. Those tiny socks are so cute! Meg🙂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg, Thanks. You sound busy. I like to knit washcloths and dishcloths for gifts, too. That's wonderful that you sew, as well.

      Delete
  3. Goodness they are tiny. I live tiny things. I miss crafting but I cant renovate and craft. New year resolution is to knit so.e socks and learn to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Tania. My mother was really into miniatures, too. I think you will love knitting socks. They are so rewarding. Crocheting is so relaxing, too. I know you are busy right now with your renovations.

      Delete
  4. Those tiny socks are adorable. They would make sweet little brooches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, Yes, that's what they are designed to be. You can also use them as a key chain. I am going to pin mine to a sweater.

      Delete
  5. I love your socks, they look fabulous! The tiny socks aren't too bad, are they, especially if you've made bigger socks beforehand as you can see what the sections of it are supposed to be. Your Easy Lace socks look really lovely in that bright yarn :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Winwick Mum! Thanks for stopping by; I love your patterns. Yes, I went back and reviewed your tutorial for the heel flap and heel, and then I remembered how it works. I am thrilled with the Easy Lace Socks in the Christmas yarn, too. Thanks again.

      Delete
  6. Those socks are cute!

    Checked out Winwick Mum's website. Almost makes me wish I had some talent in the knitting/crocheting sphere. Almost! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Taja, I love her patterns and tutorials. It helps me to watch the videos as I knit. Maybe you will learn to knit or crochet one day...

      Delete
  7. Your socks are so pretty! In the weather we have, (cold and snowy) comfy socks are important. The tiny sock...very nice. I just cannot work with small things, takes a skill. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. Yes, I'm sure you need wool socks in that snow. I really appreciate having them here, too. The temperatures drop at night and in the morning. It was a bit fiddly to do the tiny sock, but so worth it! I think using a lighter colored yarn would make it easier.

      Delete
  8. Winwick Mum has inspired and instructed me many, many, many times while I was fumbling through learning how to knit socks. I have printed the lace sock pattern and will be attempting to knit it next year. I am headed out to the yarn shop later this morning to buy yarn for the KnitPicks Agatha cardigan. I am a bit intimidated by the lengthy instructions, but I shall muddle through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Yes, those videos are so helpful. Hearing her voice and watching her knit always calms me. I think you will love the lace sock pattern. It's one of my favorites. I am excited for you about your newest cardigan!

      Delete