Thursday, January 3, 2019

Alafosslopi Icelandic Wool Arrived Today



As I sauntered  home from walking Lula this afternoon, I ran into my mail lady. She told me that she had left a package for me. I instantly knew what it was: my denim blue Alafosslopi yarn.  I had just ordered it online from Webs! I was thrilled. I tore open the envelope, and fell in love with the shade of blue.  This wool is just gorgeous! I quickly took a photo and sent it to my brother with a thank you. He bought me the gift certificate for Christmas.


I finished the first cabled green sock. I am over the moon  with the fit. You never know with a new sock pattern how it will feel. The softness is heavenly.  Here are a few photos of it as a work in progress. 


This  is a closeup of the heel. It's so much easier to knit socks on larger needles. I really enjoy it. I will probably just use these as bed socks, though. The yarn doesn't have any nylon in it, so it will wear through very quickly if I'm not careful. I may have to look into ordering some Icelandic sock wool. I am eager to learn stranded knitting.


Here is how it looks on; I haven't worn a knee sock in so many years! It has gotten chilly here in California. I am so happy and grateful to have so many warm, cozy, quality hand knits. They are very comforting and practical. I should have cleaned up my mess before taking this photograph. I have become the mad knitter again. I am in ecstacy with all of this knitting. Tomorrow I really must mop my floors, shop at Costco,  and do laundry.

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

16 comments:

  1. Enjoy your knitting, I am sure it must be a very relaxing way to spend a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Living Simply, Yes, or several...ha ha! I am so addicted to knitting. It also triggers my coffee addiction. I just love it.

      Delete
  2. My package of gorgeous yarn arrived yesterday too. I will take a photo when I get back this afternoon. I love that pattern you are knitting and am planning to be a lot more adventurous with my sock patterns this year. I too have turned into the mad knitting woman.. Housework???? pah, lifes too short to worry about a bit of dust

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cherie, Oh yes, your sock yarn from West Yorkshire Spinners; how exciting! I can totally relate to your post. Something about this weather just turns me on to knitting like crazy.

      Delete
  3. Love the sock! I have always wanted to try sock knitting, must get to it soon.

    Also love the denim blue wool you received, so lucky to have such a special gift from your brother :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, Yes,he is very sweet. He gave me a gift card and I chose this color, since I live in jeans. Sock knitting is a blast. I bet you will love it.

      Delete
  4. The socks are beautiful. And as always your stitches are perfect. Do you have plans for the yarn from Webs or did I miss that update? I have been on a knitting spree, working on my lace shawl again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Anita. Yes, I plan to make another Carbeth sweater with the Alafosslopi wool. I'm am wearing the first one so much, I decided to make another. It's a fabulous basic. I tend to reach for the simple sweaters from my drawer. So now I'm getting fancier with socks...Can't wait to see your lace shawl!

      Delete
  5. Your soks are beautiful and the blue yarn verry gorgeous !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, ...Fabricole. I love the pattern. I am knitting with the blue yarn now. It is a totally different experience. It has excellent stitch definition.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work! And a fun package (and nice brother!) Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Andrea. Yes, he is very sweet and generous.

      Delete
  8. They are swishy and warm, Nil. I am almost finished with the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those just look so warm! Maybe i should get my needles out and get going before winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are, Jacinta. It's a fun pattern. Thank you for reading and commenting.

      Delete