Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Repairing the Upholstery on a 1930's Chair

The other day I decided to fix the fraying edge on this lovely pink chair that I bought from my neighbor. I purchased some blanket binding and fabric tape at Joannne's. I had scissors in my sewing kit. That's all I needed. It was an easy fix. I just cut a piece of blanket binding the size of the affected area, and spread the adhesive on the back side of the fabric. I carefully pressed it into place, and smoothed it over with my fingers. It was definitely cheaper than paying someone else to fix it for me. Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

12 comments:

  1. What a pretty chair. It looks so comfy and cosy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job! The chair is beautiful....love the subtle colors. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andrea. I had been putting off fixing it, and it was so easy and quick! I love the colors, too.

      Delete
  3. Good job Stephenie. The chair looks do comfy.

    Isn't it so satisfying to do these repairs by yourself and save money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, The chair is comfy,and it is very satisfying to do these repairs yourself. It took so little time and energy.

      Delete
  4. well done!
    I have some i need to tackle but am not ready to do them yet
    your chair is very pretty!
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Selina, I love this chair. The fabric glue made it go very quickly.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks Tania. My neighbor told me what to do. It was good to catch before it kept unraveling.

      Delete
  6. What a lovely chair and it works so well with your other pieces. I am glad the fix was so easily completed. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. I love the design of this chair. It has all of these little tacks that are so pretty. My mom taught me that antiques don't have to match-they all go together.

      Delete