Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Blue Carbeth Sweater Knit With Icelandic Wool



I heard from my friend today who wants me to knit her a turtleneck sweater. We are choosing the yarn. She loves cashmere, but it is very expensive. She wants a very soft yarn, so I suggested alpaca or an alpaca/merino blend.


I decided I better hurry up and finish my Carbeth sweater. Today I joined the arms to the body, and am working on the yoke.

I'm very pleased with the color. This is my first time knitting with Icelandic wool, and it really holds the shape of the design well. It's going to be a  closer fit than the first one I made, I think. Using a different yarn gives the sweater an entirely different look. I'm sure I will get a lot of use out of it. It feels like it will last forever.

I baked a batch of lemon bars today with some delicious Meyer lemons that my neighbor gave me. They are so tangy and flavorful. I used extra lemon zest in the recipe.  I rarely bake anymore, because I am so paranoid about triggering arthritis. It's such a relief to be pain free again. I can always share them with my neighbors down the street. Yesterday one of the little boys I visit asked me about the present that I had promised  him. I explained that he had already opened it at Christmas. I will try just having a small amount of these lemon bars each day. They are already calling to me... no more sugar today.  How are you?

Thank you for your comments. They add so much talent and energy to the blog. Please comment in English. I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.     

12 comments:

  1. OH yum, I love lemon! Your sweater is looking great. That color will look great on you. Also, I like your chair- I have one very similar 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lady Locust, Thanks. I love the sweater. I am going to have to order another skein of yarn. I love lemon, too.

      Delete
  2. That sweater looks absolutely gorgeous. I bet you get many years use from it. I can almost smell those lemon cakes from here. Have one with a cup of coffee later today for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cherie. I think it will last the rest of my life. I thought of you today while enjoying a homemade cafe au lait and a lemon bar.

      Delete
  3. The lemon bars sound delicious. My husband has arthritis in one hand and i know how painful that can be. Glad you're pain free.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tania, Yes, thanks to my replaced hips, I am free from pain. It's such a relief. I bet the diet that you and your husband follow helps with his arthritis.

      Delete
  4. Lemon is my favorite flavor-the tangier the better for me! I bet your lemon bars are delicious. The Carbeth looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Yes, the lemon bars came out really well. Thanks. The fresh Meyer lemons and eggs from my hens made all of the difference. I'm very happy with the Carbeth. Too bad I am running out of yarn, but that's my fault for lengthening everything. It's worth it.

      Delete
  5. Lemon bars sound delicious. I really like the color of your sweater. Blue is one of one favorite colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil. I think it's such a pretty shade of blue. It has almost a tweed like feel. The quality of the yarn is superb.

      Delete
  6. can't wait to see it finished Stephanie...in the meanwhile I have been following Cat Bordhi , she's a knitting designer doing tours of Iceland, I think she'll be of interest to you too https://catbordhi.com/category/blog/ xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, Thank you for the encouragement. I normally don't publish comments with links, but the sweaters on her blog are amazing. I just love the designs. It makes me want to go to Iceland. (in the winter.)

      Delete