Monday, March 9, 2020

I Got A Job As A Reporter!

Last Saturday I attended a dinner for seniors over 55 at the Wrightwood Community Center.  They served homemade spaghetti, fresh salads, delicious desserts, and beverages.  I was very impressed with the quality of the food, and met some very friendly and talented people.

One of the men seated at my table happened to be the publisher for the local newspaper.  His wife was with him;  she is the editor there.  He invited me to stop by their office, and suggested that I write articles on local events for them.  He told me that they would pay me as an independent contractor.

Although I was very tired from moving all of the stuff from my parents' house home, I pushed myself to follow up this morning, and went in for an interview.  Writing is so important to me, and this man used to work for the Los Angeles Times.  It's exciting to be around talented artists.  I love the paper they produce, and am excited to get started on my first article.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

 

26 comments:

  1. Sounds good! I hope you recover your energy and enjoy the work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, earthmotherwithin. It's a relief to have all the stuff out of my parents' home.

      Delete
  2. Wow! Congratulations! How wonderful to be offered a job like that! You are a very talented writer and I am sure they will love the articles you will be writing for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bless. I am looking forward to the work.

      Delete
  3. This is exciting. What a wonderful opportunity. X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very exciting, I agree. May you get great pleasure from this.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations Stephanie! What wonderful news! You will be amazing and I just know you are going to love writing for them. Do please let us know how you get on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do, Pensive Pensioner. Thanks for the encouragement.

      Delete
  6. What a nice dinner! And, congratulations! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's very exciting Stephanie. Fingers crossed you get your first assignment very soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina. They already gave it to me at the interview.

      Delete
  8. That's so wonderful news, Stephenie. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful! An amazing opportunity to write. Congratulations, Stephanie!
    Xx meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Meg. And...I get to write about Wrightwood!

      Delete
  10. That is great news. It gives you an opportunity to be an even bigger part of the Wrightwood community which I know is important to you. Let us all know how you get on and how we can link to the articles you write!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! That’s exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I've just seen this now - Congratulations Stephenie! We just never know what's around the corner.

    ReplyDelete