Monday, July 6, 2020

Holding Your Focus





Yesterday I received a  message from a kind  and special friend that I've known for decades.  He lives in New York. He told me that he had an idea, and  wanted to run it by me.  Knowing that he is extremely  creative and talented, I eagerly called him right back and left a message.  He had asked me to phone him when I had time to discuss it.  We talked this morning, and I am thrilled.  I can't wait  to get started on this new writing project!  I will be telling his story.  I love writing about people that I admire;  it's so rewarding. 

One thing that's exciting  is that we can include video, photos, painting, and interviews online.  I can work in California send my drafts and outlines to him in New York.  The digital age is truly amazing.  I get to live in the Jeffrey pines of Wrightwood, yet still  co-mingle with some of the greatest creative minds that I know.

During this virus it's so important to stay focused on using you creative gifts, rather than being depressed by the negative stories and reports.  Keeping in touch with people who are disciplined, positive, and uplifting makes all of the difference.  Their energy feeds us.  We need to take careful care of our bodies, minds and souls.

I even arranged for text messaging with my phone service, something I had been dragging my feet about for many years.  It was set up in a matter of minutes.  Now I just need to figure out how to work it.  It shouldn't be too hard.     

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published. If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

29 comments:

  1. That does sound like an exciting project, Stephenie, and something lovely to take your mind off the current situation. Yes, technology is amazing too. Enjoy yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic news, Stephenie. It's really interesting that you have several ways of earning money, and expressing your creativity. I find writing easy, but uploading to Amazon? I'm off to see a very clever grand daughter who will do all of that for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great that you have a tech savy grand daughter. How wonderful.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful friendship and such an exciting project. I used to write to my penfriend in NZ and it would be at least a month before I would get a reply and the same when I answered her letters. Now we can chat as if we are in the same room! The internet is a marvellous thing when used properly. You're quite right about having friends who are upbeat and positive; I also try to be the same for my friends and family. We're all going through a very strange and difficult time and we need to be strong for each other. Take care, best Jane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds really fun, Jane. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the writing project. You are right about staying focused - otherwise the days slip by and I think - what did I accomplish? Where did the day go? I have been reading a lot and coloring greeting cards (fun and practical). You will enjoy texting - it is such a quick way to keep in touch with my kids and grandkids and friends. We send sweet short notes or family photos - just a nice way to reach out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds excellent, Ellen. I know what you mean about time slipping away...

      Delete
  5. That sounds like a perfect creative outlet for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun and exciting new project, Stephenie. I'm glad your friend contacted you to work on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's wonderful news Stephenie. I'm so happy for you, You are an excellent writer. I look forward to seeing your work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Everyone needs a creative outlet. This sounds amazing. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fantastic for you and for your friend too. I agree with what you say about staying focused and using your gifts, even more so now than before.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a wonderful project, hope it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will, mm. I love working with him. He's so sweet.

      Delete
  11. Technology has facilitated so much during these uncertain times. It sounds like you have some exciting work ahead. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I do, Jules. Thanks. Glad to hear that technology is helping you, too.

      Delete
  12. This sounds like such a wonderful project. With such a positive attitude I just know it will be a success. I sometimes think my sons rue the day I learned how to text! Since I don't do social media (except for these lovely blogs I follow)texting and telephone calls are our method of keeping in touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a big step for me, Anita. I have resisted it for so long, but now I am excited about it. So glad that you follow the blog. Thank you...

      Delete
  13. That sounds so exciting and creative. Best of luck to you with this new project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks, Mereknits. I think so, too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This sounds terribly exciting! I could never understand why an old friend in America couldn't receive my texts, she never explained it was an option with your phone. How odd, but once you get into the swing of it, you'll find it a useful addition to your links with the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pipistrello, The same thing happened with me. People would send me texts, and I wouldn't receive them. I am getting the hang of it, but it feels so messy, grammatically, to me. Thanks.

      Delete
  16. What a lovely picture! Must be great to be out in nature like you are. Your new project sounds exciting too. It is amazing how technology can close the distances (literally and figuratively) between people.

    ReplyDelete