Friday, August 28, 2020

A Lovely Hike



Yesterday Lula and I took a hike with a friend of mine on the Acorn Trail.  I had always wanted to try this path, but could never find the trail head.  It turns out it is right near where I suspected that it was, but when I was looking, they hadn't yet put in the trail marker.  There is a Catholic camp right across the street.  The land and scenery is just wonderful!

Lula had a terrific time; she was in her glory.  I had packed a backpack full of supplies, water, a lunch and some dog treats.  Lula crunched on her dog biscuits happily.  My friend and I sat on some enormous  chunks of logs that were turned on their sides.

The Acorn Trail meets the famous Pacific Crest Trail.  The next time I take it, I plant to hike up to that section.  I hear that there are also some beautiful wild big horn sheep up in that area.   I am looking forward to seeing them.

It's been hot here, so I need to get outside and water my garden.  The sunflowers are still in bloom.  I love how bright and cheerful they are.  I spent some time knitting a dishcloth on the porch this afternoon.  Lula and I took an evening  walk when it was cooler and I chatted with a couple of my neighbors.  It was fun to catch up with them. 

How are things in your area?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

   

22 comments:

  1. That's a lovely photograph of Lula. She looks like she's smiling. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know; she's so happy. She was munching on some of the dry grass up there, Jules. She absolutely loves hiking!

      Delete
  2. Chilly, wet and windy at the moment but good, thanks. There's very little virus in this part of the country so here's hoping it stays that way.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good news, Joy. I hope it stays that way in your area. I was shocked at how quickly it spread here.

      Delete
  3. I bet it was gorgeous up there. It is hot and humid here, no hiking that's for sure! Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, Mereknits. I hope you are able to stay cool. We don't have a humidity problem here, thank goodness.

      Delete
  4. Lula looks adorable. I’m glad you had a nice hike with your friend.

    It’s been a bit rainy here. I sowed some seeds last week, and lettuce are already sprouting.

    Have a great weekend, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Nil. I need to plant lettuce, too. I think I need to wait until it's a bit cooler, so that it doesn't bolt.

      Delete
  5. It truly is sunflower time! Your walk looks nice...I love walks among wildflowers especially. Amazing how dog love those bland treats..lol Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Andrea. Lula just seems to thrive on being outdoors in nature. It really stimulates her to be on the hiking trails.

      Delete
  6. Lula looks happy walking on the trail, Stephanie. Wonderful to be out enjoying the warm weather. It feels like Spring is in the air here; nights are still cold but the days are glorious. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that's wonderful, Meg. Spring is such an exciting and uplifting time of the year.

      Delete
  7. Lula certainly looks happy to be out on the trail! I'm glad you were able to enjoy the hike with a friend.

    It is cooler, here, today. I don't need to have the fan on! I am happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bless, I know, the weather has been fabulous! It's just perfect. Lula is at her happiest when she's hiking. I love it, too.

      Delete
  8. That walk sounds gorgeous. It's nice to make the most of lovely weather isn't it. Does the winter get very wet where you live? Winter here is usually very grey and damp rather than clear and bright. I don't mind the clear and bright cold days as it's wonderfully exhilarating to wrap up warm and take a walk on a frosty morning. I detest the cold damp grey days though

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We get snow in the mountains, Cherie. At the cottage, the weather during the winter is pretty mild and sunny. We are so spoiled in California. I do enjoy sitting by the fire and knitting during the cold season, though.

      Delete
  9. Lula has such a sweet face. I bet she slept really well that night after all that excitement. And I suspect you did too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She does, doesn't she, Anita? She's so expressive. I love how dogs appreciate all of the little things.

      Delete
  10. What a lovely photo of Lulu, she looks as if she really enjoyed the walk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, mm. Lula and I love to hike together. She is in her element on the trails.

      Delete
  11. I've been thinking of knitting some dishcloths and face flannels. I am not at all a good knitter but even I could manage that. So special that you have space to go for walks in the countryside, especially in this strange time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are fun and easy projects, swami. Yes, the walking and hiking out in nature is good medicine.

      Delete