Thursday, August 20, 2020

The Serenity of Oak Trees

my front yard

Today the workers from Southern California Edison came and removed my neighbor's two dead oak trees.  They had been decimated by a beetle that destroys them.  It spreads rapidly, so it was important to get both trees out of there.  They were near the power lines. 


Tomorrow the men will come back and finish removing the dead branches and wood.  The trees remaining look beautiful.  They  really are spectacular.  There are so many on my property up at the cabin.   I always dreamed of having a home with an oak tree, and look what I was given!  The owner told me that they waited for the right person to buy their property, and that I was the right person.  I am still in awe of the beauty there. 

Old trees are so wise and comforting.  You can't put a price on the spiritual energy that  they add to a home.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

13 comments:

  1. You are so lucky to have all those mature trees on your property. I imagine they provide a lot of shade and cooling when it is hot. I'm glad the dead trees were removed for the protection of the power lines and to prevent any storm damage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Bless. They are magnificent oaks. They do provide wonderful shade and oxygen. It looks so much better now with the dead wood gone. All you see is green...

      Delete
  2. They are indeed beautiful, what a joy to see their splendour on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You live in a beautiful part of California. Are the trees home to lots of birds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anita. Yes they are. We have orioles, woodpeckers, blue jays, robins and more...

      Delete
  4. Oak trees are beautiful! I probably would be a bit grouchy if I didn't have any backyard trees to sit and admire! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really special, aren't they, Andrea? They just take you to a different place, spiritually.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful for you to have old, mature trees on your property, Stephanie. They will bring you beauty, cleaner air, shade, wildlife and that sense of awe when looking up into their branches. I live very close to forest and its many trees makes me feel connected to nature. MegXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are divine, Meg. I love sleeping upstairs in the cabin, surrounded by such tall trees. That's wonderful that you live near a forest.

      Delete
  6. I agree with Bless. You are lucky to have a lot of trees on your property.

    The other day I was playing with Google maps and saw that several years ago my front yard had had a large tree. I wish it were still here. It's so sunny in the front yard now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand why you wish it was still there, Nil. The mature trees make all of the difference in the hardscape. They reach up so high...

      Delete
  7. Such a blessing to have old trees. They give us so much.

    ReplyDelete