Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Remembering A Magnificent Vacation



Today I flipped through some of the photos that I took while on my cruise through the Mediterranean last November.  These are from Monte Carlo and Monaco.  It seems like so long ago...yet it's only been nine months.  My, how life has changed for all of us since that time!  I feel like I was so fortunate to get to visit these places  when I did.  It was such a magnificent trip.  Perusing the photos takes my mind and spirit back to all of the magical islands and European cities.  What an incredible trip it was!


Today I did a load of laundry and hung it out on the line in the sunshine to dry.  I love the effect that the sun has on our clothing, sheets and towels.  They feel and smell so fresh when you take them off the clothesline and bring them inside the house.  I  folded everything carefully and placed the items  neatly in my clothes basket, like my mom used to do for us.  She trained me well.


The other day I coated my hair with red henna.  My grey roots were starting to show, so I painted over them with a brush and left the henna on for four hours.  I always feel like a new woman after I bump up the color on my hair.  I could really use a trim, but with this virus,  I'm going to have to wait.  Henna  picks up the sunlight so beautifully.  I get so many compliments on it when I'm at the lake.  People still refer to me as a   natural redhead, which  I really get a kick out of... (especially since I'm totally grey now and color my hair myself.)  Henna deep conditions the hair and really keeps it healthy.  I just love it.  I will probably use it for the rest of my life.  Juliet Prowse kept her hair red as she got older, and it looked great on her!

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not by published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.   

12 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos and I can see how they bring back those happy memories.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy. Those places just took my breath away; they are etched in my memory forever.

      Delete
  2. I love the colors of those homes. I know how wonderful the house smells after bringing in sheets and bedspreads off the line outside. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colors of those homes, too, Andrea. The gardens and architecture there were amazing. I hope to go back someday.

      Delete
  3. I loved the pictures of Monte Carlo. I have been there 3 times and it is such a special place. I wonder if I will ever go back? Hair salons are closed in our county right now. Having my hair professionally colored and cut is how I treat myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing, Anita. I had a cruise booked for next April, but I doubt that it will happen. It's so gorgeous there! We were lucky to go when we did. I hope you are able to get your hair done soon. It always looks so pretty.

      Delete
  4. You certainly picked the right time to go on your cruise, Stephenie. Lovely photos and I know they will continue to bring back good memories for a long time to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. I am so happy now that I took the plunge and booked the trip. It was really an incredible journey...just unforgettable.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful photographs of happy memories. I love the coloured houses. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, Jules. It's gorgeous there. Everything is so clean.

      Delete
  6. I really must try Henna on my hair. I have a friend who uses it and it looks fabulous! Our hairdressers are still open and have never closed down. They are classed as an essential service here, but I disagree because of the close contact.

    Thank you for sharing your cruise photos they are really beautiful. And yes the world has really changed in the last six months. It is a worry as to what lies ahead for us all. Will we be able to enjoy holidays/vacations like we used to? Time will tell.

    Have a lovely weekend Stephenie,
    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know, Tania. It may be like this for quite a while, I'm afraid. I look at now as a good time to save money. We are fortunate to have some gorgeous spots to visit that are close to home. I think you would love henna. It's so natural.

      Delete