Monday, November 16, 2020

Enjoying Free Movies on Youtube

I have been happily watching documentaries and movies at home, since the virus hit.  (I never used to be a movie buff.)  I don't care for car chases or violence.  Last night I watched Hello Dolly, and absolutely loved it.  I was heart warming for me, because  both Tommy Tune and Michael Crawford became stars after filming it.  They each helped my career as a performer tremendously, giving me opportunities to break out of the chorus.  I just love seeing their early work.  How fortunate it  was to cross paths with them in my career.  They both were exciting, energetic, and outstanding in the film.

Yesterday I took a long walk with my neighbor.  Lula joined us.  The weather was spectacular!  It is so pretty up in the mountains with the sun is shining.  We meandered down the narrow streets returned along the Wrightwood Trail.  Our walk took an hour and a half.  I really enjoy living in such a walkable town.  It saves  so much money on gas, and it feels healthy to get out in the mountain air each day.

I just watched a fascinating documentary called The Hearst and Davies Affair.  Once it is safe to travel again, I want to visit Hearst Castle.  I am going to research the trip online.  It's a few hours drive from the cottage.  Cambria is supposed to be a gorgeous area.  I love that whole era: the glamour, furniture, clothing, and architecture... 

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

12 comments:

  1. I too like watching YouTube documentaries. DW documentaries are some of my favorites.
    I even watch PBS news on YouTube because I can watch at times convenient for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so interesting, Nil. What does DW stand for? PBS is one of my favorites, too.

      Delete
  2. Wow, an hour and a half walk! That's great. I also enjoy long walks. They are very relaxing. Planning a trip for the near future sounds like a good idea. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was beautiful outside, Kari. Lula and I are going to take a long bike ride today. The sun is shining...

      Delete
  3. Hello Dolly is one of my favorites! How wonderful that you worked with two of the people who were in the movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really fun to watch, Bless. I loved working with Tommy Tune and Michael Crawford. I would like to watch it again. The choreography by Michael Kidd was fantastic!

      Delete
  4. I love YouTube there are some great old movies on there as well as some TV drama and its FREE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are, Frugal. The fact that it's free is just wonderful. I can always find something to watch on Youtube.

      Delete
  5. I adore Hearst Castle and have been there many times. A few years ago they changed the rules so that you could stay and wander the grounds once your tour is completed. I have done all the different tours several times. There are some wonderful B&Bs in Cambria as well as further up the coast nearer to the Castle. Let's all hope for a return to normal times soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lady from my knitting group said the same thing, Anita. I will have to Google the area and see what I can find.

      Delete
  6. The older movies are so much more uplifting...and so much more talent displayed in them! So nice you are enjoying your new town and already getting to know the neighbors and having one to walk with. Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Andrea. I have a few different people that I can walk or hike with, as well as Lula. The weather has been ideal. The views are just gorgeous...

      Delete