Saturday, February 13, 2021

Long Walks With My Neighbor

 I have been taking some long, challenging walks lately with my neighbor.  She is very fit, and amazes me with how far she walks.  Today we ended our journey with a hike up my path to the cabin.

Because we have had some mountain lions sighted in this area, it's been  recommended not to walk alone.  I really enjoy our conversations, her company, and the new scenery.  The homes in Wrightwood are just beautiful.

Lula is konked out on the couch right now.  I think she finds these hour and a half walks energizing and tiring.  I'm going to relax in a hot bath with epsom salts, and then do some more knitting.  I have regained my enthusiasm for the craft by completing a couple of small projects.  I just bound off on a simple ribbed cowl as I was waiting for my friend to arrive.  It was fast and easy, utilizing a 2x2 knit and purl rib.  I used some yarn that my childhood dance teacher sent to me.  It's from her sister's alpacas.  I will block the dark grey cowl tonight.  It feels so satisfying to be a knitter again!  I have been perusing new patterns on Ravelry.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.  



17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've found a great walking partner! Hope you'll post a picture of your knitted cowl after you've blocked it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she's terrific, Bless. I need to call customer support about the camera on my laptop. I can't figure out how to turn it around from selfie mode.

      Delete
  2. It’s nice to have a walking buddy, isn’t it? I’m sure she is glad to have your company.
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend, Stephenie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is, Nil. We have several of the same interests. We both love to travel.

      Delete
  3. I must admit, I am more than a little relieved that I don't have to worry about mountain lions when I go for a walk here, though I am glad you have someone to enjoy your hikes with. Good company is always welcome.
    I picked up my crochet hook for the first time in ages yesterday. I think I've discovered my enthusiasm again too. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Jules. Crocheting is so relaxing. I just made a crocheted dishcloth the other day. The organic cotton yarn that was given to me is so soft!

      Delete
  4. Lions??? Good grief!
    I love knitting, it is so satisfying and productive. I'm delighted you are enjoying it too.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we are up in the woods, Joy. I love mountains and lakes, and so do the mountain lions. They are usually elusive.

      Delete
  5. I bet the weather is beautiful up at your cabin right now. I love to browse through the patterns on Ravelry. My "The Classic" sweater is moving right along. I decided to start on the sleeves instead of finishing the body to make sure I will have enough yarn to turn the crop style into a tunic length which is much more flattering for my shape. Scratch behind Lulas's ears for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweater I'm working on right now I've made a lot longer, too, Anita. It's fun to alter patterns to fit your preference and figure.

      Delete
  6. A walk with a good friend is the best. Enjoy your knitting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's true, Mereknits. I am going to get started on the sweater sleeves today.

      Delete
  7. I find that I can walk much further if i am walking with a friend. Are mountain lions likely to attack a human?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, but we've had four dogs attacked in this area recently.

      Delete
    2. Oh dear. That must be a worry.

      Delete
  8. I would like to congratulate a walk with friend,walking in a good company is amazing,greetings from anna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anna, Thanks. Yes, I really enjoy the exercise and conversation.

    ReplyDelete