Friday, February 5, 2021

Reading Kindle Books on Different Devices

 


As many of you know, I joined Kindle Unlimited recently, and have really been enjoying the benefits of the membership.  You can press a button, and you immediately have your new book.  There's no need to pay postage, and you don't have to wait for the book to arrive in your mailbox.  

Yesterday I experimented with reading a new book on my Kindle ICloud Reader.   It's fantastic!  I love seeing the words up on the large screen of my laptop.  It's almost like watching a movie.

I normally download the books to my mom's old Kindle, which  I inherited.  It's portable and light, but I really prefer reading the words from a large screen.  It just makes it easier for me.  

Technology certainly is amazing.  Some of these things used to intimidate me, but I'm finding that the more I learn, the easier it gets.  The newer models of computers do make all of the difference, as well.  My old equipment just wasn't capable of doing the work needed.  The new laptop does the work for me.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated. 

12 comments:

  1. I'm tempted to buy myself a kindle. The books are so much cheaper than printed ones aren't they

    ReplyDelete
  2. They used to be super cheap, Cherie. With Kindle Unlimited, the ones I check out are included in the membership. I like how there's no contact.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certainly sounds like you made a good decision to get the unlimited service, Stephenie. I agree with you on having the right equipment that can handle the data, as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kindles are very clever and so useful, aren't they. I have an old one and am umming and ahing about getting a more recent version.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been thinking the same thing, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've lost my Kindle... not lost properly but lost to a child. My youngest loves how he can change the font size on it and it is funny to watch him as on each "page" there's just a sentence or two. I really need to sign up for Kindle unlimited because he reads a lot! A new laptop can change so much! I am not sure what I would do without mine. Here's to many hours of happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. That's cute that your youngest enjoys reading on your Kindle. It's been so useful during this pandemic.

      Delete
  7. I love my Kindle! It is an oldie but goodie model.

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://you-areunique.blogspot.comlFebruary 8, 2021 at 12:20 PM

    I am 100% disenchanted with kindle. I bought one at a sale - turned it was 2nd hand and I could never get it to work. However, people who know me well, say that it's me, not kindle. They could be right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. I hope you can get it fixed. Thanks for stopping by and for commenting.

      Delete