Tuesday, February 2, 2021

My First Zoom Meeting


 A few days ago, I experienced my first Zoom meeting with a camera.  It was so much fun!  I had been on a call with some of the same people through my flip phone around Thanksgiving. But seeing people's faces and expressions on my computer screen this time made all the difference.  It reminded me of The Jetsons.  That was one of my favorite t.v. shows as a child.  Here we are...doing much of what the creators of that series envisioned then.  I often wonder if flying cars will be next...

The women on this call were all from the European company of the Broadway musical, "42nd Street".  It was such a marvelous experience.  We opened in Vienna, spent a year in Paris, and visited many other beautiful cities and theaters.  We are all still close friends thirty years later...it's heartwarming.  I love these girls.

We support each other through accidents, surgeries, death, and other hardships of life.  Hearing some of their stories made me cry.  That's connection.       

I feel so fortunate to have so many old friends from my performing days.  Gypsies are like that; we are family.  Do you have any old friends that you see on Zoom?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.   

20 comments:

  1. I have been teaching a couple of yoga classes each week on zoom due to covid, and have really enjoyed it.During lockdown where I live, my youngest facetimed me every day so that her new baby would get used to my voice and so that I could see baby. Facebook messenger - I use the video on that for international friend and family calls, and also doing clairvoyant readings. You must have so many fantastic stories of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful, ratnamurti. I have never tried the video on Facebook messenger. It's a whole new word now. That's great that you can use it for your readings.

      Delete
  2. Stephenie, that's so wonderful that you were able to connect with your friends online! I do have a couple of old friends with whom I keep in touch, but, mostly through phone calls and emails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Old friends are so stabilizing, Bless. I love connecting with my dancer tribe. Our blogging community is also fantastic.

      Delete
  3. How absolutely lovely! Which one is you?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoom is fantastic. I'm about to go online and 'attend' a tutorial very shortly. Also, connecting with friends in this way is a lifeline just now, although it doesn't replace meeting up in person. Hopefully soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, Jules. Things seem to be getting better here with the virus. Getting the vaccine will be a relief.

      Delete
  5. You've been to some really beautiful places Stephenie. Do you have a favourite?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. My very favorite is Italy. I love the food, coffee, art, and people.

      Delete
  6. Yes, I am thankful that we still have friends from our military days that we still see and keep in touch with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you all gorgeous! So glad to hear you had a wonderful time on Zoom. I am afraid I am all Zoomed out... too much of it at work. I had an all day training course on Zoom today, very tiring. I am not so good at keeping up with friends online, something I need to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christina. What a fabulous group! I can see how it would get tiring to have to use Zoom for work. This was just for fun and connection.

      Delete
  8. Every 2-3 months my high school/university friends have a Zoom meeting. We started doing that when lockdowns began last March. We are in different time zones in 4 different countries, but still manage to meet on Zoom.

    Isn’t that wonderful to have old friends who are still close to our hearts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it really is, Nil. How fantastic that you all meet on Zoom that way. I just loved it!

      Delete
  9. Keeping in touch with old friends is very important to me. While I don't Zoom, I do seem to spend a great deal of time on the phone with them! And it is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Anita. Phone calls with close friends are very uplifting.

      Delete
  10. I have no idea how to use Zoom But it seems a wonderful way to stay connected. I love the photo, just look at the hair styles! I picked you out in the photo straight away. Your smile and eyes are very distinctive. Enjoy your meetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised at how easy it was, PP. I just followed the prompts on the screen, and it took me right to the meeting. Thank you for the compliment.

      Delete