Thursday, March 25, 2021

Continuing to Exercise During the Pandemic



 One thing that has always made me feel more positive and healthy has been to get daily fresh air and exercise.  As the weather is warming up, and the days are getting longer, I find it easier to get in my daily walks, bike rides and yoga.  

I am fortunate to be able to walk through this beautiful neighborhood, enjoy the views of the tall trees, snow covered mountains, and the yellow daffodils that are starting to bloom.  Yesterday I rode my bike  at the paved bike path at Table Mountain.  There were only a few other people on the trail.  The weather was spectacular!  I stopped at a cliff and watched the skiers easing down the slopes at Mountain High.  They looked very relaxed and happy.  Enjoying the outdoors is healing for the heart and soul.

I came home, polished the furniture with orange oil, reheated my spicy chicken tacos, and sat by the glowing fire.  Lula followed me into the bathroom  when I  climbed in for a soak.  She made a circular bed for herself with the bath mat and throw rugs.  I guess it's getting warm enough for her to want to join me again.  The hot water and melted epsom salts felt soothing and comforting on my muscles.  I lit a couple of candles, and turned on the wall heater for a few minutes.   

After pulling the plug to release the water from the tub, I placed the strainer over the drain, and opened the windows.  We just had a tiny bit of light snow.  The air always smells moist and charged before it starts snowing.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

14 comments:

  1. It's lovely that you are so appreciative of your health and surroundings. It sounds like an amazing place to live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the landscape and climate here, Cherie. For twenty years I suffered through the brutally hot summers and Fall at the cottage. Now I have an escape. The difference in the temperature is amazing. Plus, swimming in the lake seems to keep me cool for the rest of the day.

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful part of California. I agree about spending time outside being so good for both physical and mental health. Spicy chicken tacos-now that sounds like a wonderful meal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are divine, Anita. I have been adding salsa and cheese, and melting it in the microwave. Yum! I just love homemade Mexican food. The spices and flavors are incredible.

      Delete
  3. It sounds wonderful, Stephenie. You've created a lovely place for yourself and Lula. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bless. This pandemic has made me appreciate it even more; I love being snug and comfortable at home.

      Delete
  4. That sounds so good, I always feel better for having been outdoors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So do I, emw. We're getting more sun these days, which is great for vitamin D.

      Delete
  5. You live in such a beautiful part of the world - so lovely.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sure do, Joy. The older I get, the more I appreciate it.

      Delete
  6. You make it all sound heavenly. Such a wonderful place to live and appreciate your surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very wiae to keep going with exercise during the pandemic, Stephenie. Your bath sounds heavenly!!!! I hope, as my life gets less hectic, to make some of my own skin and bath care again - it was so satisfying to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is rewarding, ratnamurti. The longer the homemade soap cures, the milder it becomes.

      Delete