Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Learning from the Royals

 After watching snippets of the Oprah interview with Harry and Meghan, I came to several realizations.  Using your talents and following your dreams is crucial to happiness.  I was fortunate that I was able to train as a dancer and perform in Broadway touring musicals and nightclub acts.  It's what I always wanted to do.

As I've gotten older, I have put more focus on the home.  To me, a comfortable, peaceful living space is intrinsic to feeling safe and relaxed.  As I age, I see that having fewer possessions makes my life less stressful.  In my thirties, I had three dogs, a turtle, and two chickens.  Now I have one dog.  I prefer less responsibility at this stage of my life.  I also greatly value my privacy and independence.

Many people think that expensive weddings, a spouse, homes, and cars will make them happy.  It doesn't work that way.  You have to do the things you love, and spend time with people with whom you truly connect.  A deep soul connection is rare, and it's very valuable.  I love the spark of romance I see between these two.  I couldn't help but notice that the things that Harry enjoys most in California are the same simple activities that ignite a flame of enthusiasm in me: riding my bike, hiking, and going to the beach.  I hope they are able to enjoy their life together here, and can let go of the pain and unsuitability of the past.  I wish them the best.  They certainly have a gorgeous home.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think that being single allows you to follow your own dream. Being part of a couple doesn't allow that freedom as you have to compromise. I'm not suggesting compromise is a bad thing but two people rarely share the same dream.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Cherie. For some people it works, but in my case, it wouldn't have.

      Delete
  2. Dear Stephenie,

    We would certainly concur that to take joy in life's simple pleasures and support from friends and family are key to a happy and relaxed life. However, we would not look to the Royal Family for a lead in this.

    The Royal Family and many extended members of that Family enjoy immense privilege and for that they have duties and responsibilities which they are expected to carry out. Their wealth and influence which is beyond understanding has, in large part, accrued because of their position rather than their merits or work. It is significant to remember this when hearing about the 'hard time' Harry seems to suggest that he has been given.

    We do not wish them ill, just to be private if that is their wish which, in our book, certainly does not include starring on prime time television.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. It's fascinating to me to watch the history. Thank you for reading and for commenting.

      Delete
  3. You have written a lovely post, very heartfelt and true. Contentment comes from inner peace and acceptance of yourself. I think that negativity breeds more negativity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anita. I agree. You can't put a price on freedom, either. I think they will do very well here. They both have such star quality.

      Delete
  4. I, personally, have loads of sympathy for Harry and Meghan. Yes, they have wealth and privilege but that doesn't shield them from stress, from nastiness and from mental health issues and I think they've been very badly treated, certainly by our UK press which should be collectively ashamed of itself (but won't be).
    I don't think the UK generally is coming out of this terribly well at all and I wish them well for their new life.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent point, Joy. Family struggles can be very painful. The lifestyles and expectations are so different. It makes me see how important it is to marry the right person, and to choose a career that uses your passion. Watching the history is so eye opening.

      Delete
  5. I didn’t watch the interview, but heard snippets of it.
    I hope Megan and Harry will be happy here. He saw what happened to his mom, and probably is very protective of his wife because of his experience. Good for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too, Nil. They live in such a gorgeous area. You have to follow your heart and your gut.

      Delete