Tuesday, March 23, 2021

From the Beach to the Snow



 Last week the time we spent at the beach was relaxing and healing.  There is something so calming and spiritual about gazing at the ocean.  I can't wait to actually  get IN the water again!  We were just on the bike path.  I wore a sweater to cut the chill.  Hanging out seaside  helps me to appreciate the beauty of nature, and to forget about my perceived problems.  The sound of the ocean really broadens one's horizons.

Yesterday I drove back up to the cabin.  I placed an order for some dividend paying stocks in the morning with my broker.  I had researched the companies that I was interested in, and realized that the timing and price were right.  I like the stock market because it's fast, efficient, and liquid.  I just switched my accounts to the online version, and am very pleased with how easy it is to navigate the website  Having a new laptop makes all the difference.   No more paper statements hanging around...that's a relief.  On her last podcast, Suze Orman was recommending Chevron as a stock for us to buy.  That made me feel happy, because I have a large percentage of my portfolio with Chevron.  It's given me an excellent income in my late fifties.  Warren Buffett just purchased a tremendous  lot of it, as well.  

Today I paid the second half of my  property taxes for the land and cabin.  This time I did it online, using the county website.  There is no charge if you pay by e-check.  You have to carefully make sure that there aren't any mistakes in your paperwork, if you do, there is a $36.00 fee.  Yikes.  The transaction  went through immediately, and now I don't have to mail the bills or worry about them being received.

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  I'm sorry, but comments with links will not be published.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.  Comments may take a few days to appear; they are moderated.

8 comments:

  1. Isn't is lovely to be living in a place where one can go from the beach to the mountains in a matter of hours? Sounds like your investments are doing well. :) I, too, have been paying my property taxes online and grateful that I can do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Bless. It's magnificent. I feel like I have the best of both worlds, especially during this pandemic.

      Delete
  2. Years ago, I was visiting with a Frenchman who pointed out that women face the ocean and soak it in while men often turn their back to it. I thought that was an interesting observation. I enjoy the shore but am always happy to return to the trees :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is an interesting observation, LL. Lula and I both face the ocean, and drink in its beauty. It's so calming.

      Delete
  3. It always feels so grown up to work on financial matters. I am starting to use more electronic methods to pay bills as well. The first time was a bit scary, but I haven't ever had any problems. Enjoy the mountain air.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pay my bills online, too, Anita. It's great to go paperless. Far less waste and clutter.

      Delete
  4. Gosh, Stephenie - you are so clever with money. I'm going to have a look at all of this when I am in a better financial situation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ratnamurti. I spend a couple hours each day on my finances. There are some excellent podcasts, articles, and Youtube videos out there.

    ReplyDelete