Friday, August 16, 2019

Reconnecting With Old Friends

Thirty-four years after we met


Yesterday I drove to Las Vegas and attended a lovely memorial for my friend Kate. There were several people there that I had danced with at the MGM Grand in Reno, Nevada.  It was so exciting to see them again; I felt elated.  We had such happy times performing together when we were in our twenties.  It was an absolute thrill to dance on that huge stage.  It's the largest stage in the world.  The show had a real lion, horses, an ostrich, a dog act, and spectacular special effects.


a backstage birthday celebration with my friends at MGM

I met with my friend Darya for breakfast this morning.  We used to sit next to each other backstage.  We would always chat as we put on our make-up and changed our costumes.  It was a very relaxed, social atmosphere, and there was always something fun happening.

I am wiped out from the long drive in the heat, so I am now heading to bed.  Do you have any old friends that you are still in touch with?  Where did you meet them?

Thank you for your comments.  They add so much talent and energy to the blog.  Please comment in English.  If you enjoy the posts here, please share them.    

8 comments:

  1. How nice to see old friends! You look so pretty and happy. I’m glad you had a lovely time with your friends.
    My oldest friendship started when I was in grade 6. We still meet when I go home every year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nil, Thanks. It was a wonderful visit. I plan to go to their reunions more often, it's so worth it.

      Delete
  2. That's great that you were able to meet up with old friends, even if it was at a memorial for another friend. What lovely memories of fun times!

    I keep in touch with someone who was my best friend when I was in 5th grade, although we haven't seen each other in years. I also keep in contact with the first friend I made when I arrived in this country, back in 1974. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice, Bless. Long lasting friendships are so rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m in touch with almost everyone on Facebook. It’s a blessing, especially with 33 cousins and all the old school kids now with their own kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my-Las Vegas in August! It is wonderful you have reunions after all these years.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anita, The reunions are always a blast. We had such a great time together when we were young. It brings back a lot of happy memories.

    ReplyDelete